Fall Intern - Domestic Networks Accounting
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Domestic Networks Accounting Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Fall 2019
The Domestic Networks Finance team manages the financial planning and analysis for Sony Pictures Television's Domestic Networks. The team consists of the VP of Finance, Finance Manager, Sr. Financial Analyst, with support from offshore Accounting team. We support the US linear channels (SMC, Cine Sony, and Get TV), Digital Studio, Mobile Games, and GSN (Games Show Network).
• Originals production ultimate analysis - Compare film cost ultimates against greenlight and actuals and test for impairment
• Assist in research, analysis, and financial modeling for budget and forecasting
• Test new financial package and upload budget and forecast for comparison and analysis
• Create a comprehensive summary of current revenue and expense contracts
• Assist in process improvement initiatives such as testing new systems and programming schedule optimization
The intern will have learning opportunities in the following:
• Financial planning and analysis of relevant and growing digital businesses as well as the traditional networks and film and series production businesses
• Must have previous Accounting internship and work experience
• Major in Finance or Accountancy
• Advanced level in Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage and lead projects
• Self-motivated and a team-player
• Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in Accounting/Finance
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot. This Fall internship is from September through December 13th and all candidates must be able to work between 10-29 hours a week (flexible based on school schedule).