Executive Director, Global Financial Operations - Record To Report
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Director, Global Financial Operations - Record to Report (Television Production)
SPE Finance and Accounting is currently defining its roadmap to transform the organization from a Line of Business and territory orientation to one which is global, enterprise-based, focusing on process improvement, standardization, reducing complexity and efficient use of technology. The global team's objectives are to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall team while enhancing the value and accessibility of the data created by the accounting processes which will enable the commercial teams to drive toward greater revenue growth and margin improvements.
The Executive Director for the Record-to-Report Global Financial Operations - Worldwide TV Production will play an integral role in helping guide the transformation of SPE's Finance and Accounting organization. The responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to: (1) working with GFO colleagues in establishing a viable and sustainable working outsource model with our partner, Capgemini, (2) have direct responsibilities supporting the Worldwide TV Production line of business (i.e., ensuring Worldwide TV Production accounting and reporting is accurate and timely, liaising with Worldwide TV Production FP&A and operations as required, etc.) as well as understanding the differences and commonalities with other lines of business (3) maintain an enterprise-wide, global perspective to ensure that SPE always takes into consideration the broadest aspects of every challenge and opportunity encountered, and (4) be a member of the team that owns SPE's financial systems and is responsible for developing a roadmap to rationalize the current landscape from a federation of bespoke applications into one that is more efficient and harmonized across SPE's differing business models, leveraging state of art technology platforms which will support SPE well into the future.
Areas of Responsibility:
Establish a viable and sustainable working outsource model
• Play a key role in the completing the successful stabilization at Capgemini of Worldwide TV Production accounting duties previously transitioned from SPE's centers in Gdynia and Manila as well as future transitions to Capgemini from TV Production operating territories.
• Define, refine and implement all aspects of the ''GFO Model''. This includes defining the interaction model with Worldwide TV Production ITF, Capgemini, and the Worldwide TV Production commercial teams as needed; ensuring a strong control environment; aligning on the appropriate reviews and feedback mechanisms; etc.
• Post stabilization of the transfer, when transformation will become the focus and priority: identify and implement opportunities to eliminate low value work and standardize processes which will reduce complexity and enable greater benefits to be derived from technology (RPA, Cadency, SAP S/4 Hana, etc.)
• Create an environment which embraces change and thrives in dynamic situations which can often have both unclear and uncertain outcomes.
• Liaise with the Director of Offshore Supplier Relationship Management and Capgemini to ensure that SPE is achieving the highest overall results achievable.
• Champion the concepts of: Simplification, Standardization, Elimination and Robotization
Direct Responsibility for the Worldwide TV Production line of business
• Ultimate responsibility for ensuring Worldwide TV Production accounting and reporting is accurate and timely
• Create bandwidth for VP WWTVP to efficiently manage recurring (i.e., financial reporting), ad hoc and project areas of department, including integration of acquisitions and assimilation and standardization of processes
• Ensure adequate documentation and coverage of existing Worldwide TV Production processes
• Understand and rationalize all existing Worldwide TV Production processes and reports
• Establish an organization to support the oversight, accounting and control needs of Worldwide TV Production
• Create opportunity for the team to expand their experience and breath of responsibilities which is LOB and territory agnostic; all RTR GFO team members will have opportunities to learn other LOBs business models and related RTR duties
• Compare Worldwide TV Production and MPG product owner processes; enhance standardization amongst the two were appropriate and possible
• Create efficient integration between Worldwide TV Production RTR and FP&A processes
• Create a culture where: (1) constructive challenging of the status quo is both professional and enhances the value of the work product/output, (2) the team is driven to achieve results, (3) the team is open, transparent and inclusive, and (4) mistakes are an acceptable opportunity to learn
• Develop or leverage training/self-development programs to improve the depth of experience and value of the employee to SPE and themselves.
Enterprise-wide Global Perspective
• Partner to develop and implement the team's vision and values, aligned to SPE's CEO and CFO's objectives and goals
• Partner with GFO leadership on the evolution of the GFO's role and structure as SPE's relationship with Capgemini evolves
Financial Systems Roadmap
• Key Member of team that presides over SAP Governance: doc types, COA, system integration, etc.
• System rationalization: S4/HANA, document repositories, BW/BPC, etc.
• New Technologies: machine learning, RPA
Desired Knowledge and Experience:
• Successful track record in leadership roles
• Strong Accounting and Finance experience, 8+ years
• Well versed in maintaining, documenting and overseeing a control environment for a large-scale corporation
• Proficient in leading/delivering large scale Finance and Accounting projects/programs
• Proficient in leading teams for delivery of Finance and Accounting services and operations
• Ability to build and lead teams
• Change agent and champion mindset
• Excellent relationship management skills – ability to work closely with a variety of constituencies including Finance and Accounting executives, offshore vendor managers, commercial teams and technical staff; ability to understand and effectively deal with cultural differences
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, listening, written, and presentation
• Ability to effectively coordinate and facilitate cooperation from multiple Finance and Accounting groups and key strategic partner to accomplish assignments and goals
• Strong organizational skills
• Systematic problem-solving skills and mindset
• Ability to live with uncertainty
Other Desired Requirements:
• Ability to travel
• Flexible working hours
• Understanding of the entertainment business, specifically TV Production
• Cultural tolerance
• Empathy and compassion
• BA in Accountancy. CPA, or MBA a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios