Executive Director, Category Management
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/10/2021 12:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Executive Director, Category Management jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Executive Director, Category Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Executive Director, Category Management? Executive Director, Category Management – Professional Services & Media Technology
The Executive Director will lead the Category Management and Strategic Sourcing efforts across a broad range of Professional Services and Media Technology globally and will interface with multiple levels of senior executive leadership and contributors from various areas of SPE. A focus will be placed on team building, strategic thinking, tangible results, cost savings, relationship development, and operating efficiency over a broad spectrum of SPE spend of approximately $250 - $300M annually. Accountability will be across the entire scope of source-to-pay processes, and relationships with all current and potential suppliers and stakeholders. Critical skillsets include the ability to use structured frameworks across category management, sourcing methodology, negotiation preparation and execution, client interface, contract/supplier management and project execution per the group's strategic and category plans. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to the planning initiatives for the team's activities across and within the entire procurement organization, and will coordinate and execute spend and data analyses, model building, process analysis, communication, and supplier/contract management.
The Professional Services and Media Technology Team currently includes the following categories of spend which will require the development and execution of category plans, a future-state vision for stakeholder management and supplier relationship management, and the ongoing optimization of the supply base to drive value for SPE and One Sony as appropriate:
• Management Consulting
• Contingent Labor
• Outsourced/Managed Services
• Financial Services
• Legal Services
• Media Technology
The Executive Director will be responsible for developing highly effective teams that will lead category initiatives and sourcing engagements from start to completion. The individual will also be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. The ideal candidate will have excellent facilitation and negotiation skills, strong project management experience, outstanding communication skills and the ability to manage the interests and expectations of a diverse group of global stakeholders. The candidate must have deep experience with category strategy development, process change management, and execution and implementation to ensure that supplier relationships are optimized for the benefit of SPE.
In addition, the Executive Director will be expected to inform, inspire, lead, and develop a high-performing, motivated, and diverse team while ensuring seamless and efficient collaboration across the department, SPE, and One Sony where appropriate. This includes ethics, integrity, transparency, respect of diverse opinions, and sustainable workload.
• Follow structured project management methods and principles to execute complex, long-term category management and strategic sourcing initiatives
• Provide rigorous cost and market analysis (following models established by Global Sourcing and Procurement) that focus on reducing total cost of ownership (TCO)
• Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the SPE Global Sourcing and Procurement Category Management and Strategic Sourcing methodologies
• Execute deliverables to completion with efficiency, robustness, and attention to detail
• Partner with the Procurement Operations team for the roll-out policies and processes that will enhance the overall amount of spend influenced and total value created
• Support inquiries from Procurement and Corporate Senior Executives with financial, supply market, spend, and relationship opportunity analyses demonstrating strategic vision and industry awareness
• Develop and update category management and sourcing strategies that maximize value to the Company by ensuring industry and commodity awareness and expertise for self and team
• Meet internal stakeholders' requirements for service, quality, and value at the lowest total cost
• Be aware of market trends/conditions that affect suppliers, costs, pricing, and the resulting impact to SPE and One Sony as appropriate
• Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise
• Lead and manage the Professional Services and Media Technologies Team including, but not limited to, MRP activities, budget reviews, TAAS approvals, performance tracking and management, and workload review and balancing
• Develop internal talent for continued performance and advancement, including regular meetings for coaching, training, and support of IDPs
• Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances, ensuring compliance with Sourcing & Procurement policies and best practices
• 10+ years of broad-based business experience and understanding (e.g., management consulting or business development/strategy) strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
• Ability to quickly grasp and become expert in a broad range of Professional Services categories as well as Media Technology
• Proven track record of attracting, developing, and retaining a high performing team
• Negotiation planning and strategy skills
• Experience managing collaborative stakeholder and supplier relationships
• Strong written and oral communications
• Ability to work in a demanding and dynamic, fast-paced environment with the flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines
• Strong desire to consistently perform at high levels, achieve the best, motivate others, and commit to creating a world-class Category Management and Strategic Sourcing team
• Approachable, professional, positive attitude that leads to creating effective relationships with internal and external customers
* Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.