Executive Assistant/Assistant Coordinator, Scripted Development
Sony PicturesSeoul, KG
Full Time Job
Executive Assistant/Assistant Coordinator - Scripted Development, International Production
Based in Seoul, South Korea (Yeouido Office)
Working directly under the Director, Korea Production for Sony Pictures Television Productions, this position will assist with and coordinate the development and execution of all television production projects from development through post-production.
Specific duties include:
• Read and provide feedback on varying materials, including but not limited to, treatments, scripts, and books, online content, web novels, webtoons, etc
• Identifying potential materials, projects and partnership for adaptation into Korean series
• Participate in creation of marketing and other presentation material
• Assessing suitability of projects for proposed markets
• Conduct creative/market research and create territory reports/project reviews/writer-director lists as directed by manager.
• Give notes on scripts, rough cuts, pitch decks, etc.
• Create casting list, review casting sessions/rough cuts; provide notes.
• Coordinate sharing of content through CI Media, Runner and/or other digital content delivery applications to Sony and/or Clients as needed.
• Review trades, internal and external reports to keep track of TV market in Korea and throughout Asia TV market.
• Translate English-Korean / Korean-English during meetings, calls, written materials pertaining to development and management of TV programming
• Operational support and ad-hoc duties, assigned by Director as needed.
and Skills Required:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Must have a passion for content and demonstrable knowledge of the works of Korean directors and writers
• Ability to translate (English-Korean / Korean-English) during calls and in-person meetings, written materials
• Excellent written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent work ethic, a self-starter, and end-goal oriented
• Experience working in television development, particularly in regard to script editing is preferred.
• Strong knowledge of both Korean and US television marketplace. Knowledge of other markets a distinct bonus.
• Established relationships with TV clients and creative talent in Korea market is preferred.
KOR - Seoul - One IFC