Evp, Tristar TV
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
EVP, Tristar TV
TriStar Television, the prestige IP driven arm of Sony Pictures Television, has produced acclaimed series such as On Becoming a God in Central Florida, Good Girls Revolt and The Last Tycoon. TriStar Television's mission is to pursue projects that feature diverse, authentic characters and champion underrepresented voices.
The EVP TriStar will develop the next great long-form series for program sale or license across all platforms and audience groups.
Position reports to Co-President of the TV studio and will be based in Culver City, CA studio headquarters.
• Attract top creative talent to develop projects/series for TriStar TV
• Identify content that aligns with SPT's creative vision and guide continued growth of series
• Champion inclusion initiatives on the screen and throughout the company.
• Lead and mentor the TriStar TV team
• Oversee creative, pitches, casting, staffing from development stage through life of the series.
• Solicit new material and review submitted scripts
• Execute and refine content development strategy for scripted series
• Guide show creators through script draft and production process
• Lead negotiations to acquire content and top talent
• Collaborate with Production, Post-Production and Marketing to see projects through to completion
• Strategize through pre-production stages including budgets and casting
• Guide approval process with executives for new content
• Scout festivals for creative talent and content
• Build and foster relationships with the creative community; remain current of industry dynamics and talent
• 12 + years of scripted executive experience
• Established, strong relationships with US content buyers and agents
• Credibility and existing relationships within the US creative community - writers, directors, producers
• Effective communicator - internal & external stakeholder management critical to success
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex studio environment
• Experience with international broadcasters in key territories, including co-productions and other funding models, desirable
• Relationship builder
• Innovative thinking
• Global perspective
• Organizational savvy
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accomodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios