Evp, Regional Head, Theatrical
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 9/26/2021 3:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Evp, Regional Head, Theatrical jobs in London-UK
Search all Evp, Regional Head, Theatrical postings
Full Time Job
Title: EVP, Regional Head, Theatrical EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa)
Department: Sony Picture International Releasing
Reports to: President, International Releasing
EMEA (Western, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa) is a critical and complex region for SPRI. It represented 46% of our international box office in 2019 which rolled up from 49 diverse countries and is a hub for key global exhibitors.
This role is responsible for the theatrical sales, distribution and operations practices across EMEA with the objective of leading our teams in the region to reach and surpass company financial and strategic targets. As the regional leader, the incumbent will work with local offices and licensees on all Sony films to oversee all aspects of the release strategy of our film lineup including our regional local productions. The role will work closely with the Global Home Office Marketing, Finance and Operations Teams as well as with Television / Home Entertainment regional counterparts on windowing and all cross divisional strategies to maximize profitability across all lines.
We require a senior leader based in our London office to be able to help accelerate decision making and have depth of market understanding across the region to evaluate and foster talent within our organization to ensure we are an innovative leader within our rapidly evolving industry. The role involves a meaningful amount of travel across the region.
• Direct reports: 6 Managing Directors in Russia, Germany, UK, Spain, Belgium, France as well as regional VP and Senior Manager in UK responsible for CEEMA/Scandinavia/Netherlands.
• Build top relationships with the exhibition and production communities and others in the industry as we push for innovation.
• Review, develop and acquire top talent in the industry both for Sony offices and licensees. Includes setting goals and ensuring targets are met
• Lead Sony's position on MPA regional issues and meetings
• Regional Exhibition Conferences
• Regional Office Summits
• Lead and set the strategy for SPRI's Theatrical operations across the EMEA region. Includes managing annual operations budgets for owned and operated offices and optimizing our licensee structure.
• Build out new revenue streams through innovation, including leveraging our top of class distribution teams.
• Ensure we meet and, where possible, exceed annual revenue targets, providing expectations and awareness of performance through MPG's (Motion Picture Group) regular budget procedures.
• Ensure each territory's campaign strategy/execution follows Home Office guidelines while making the necessary adjustments that best support local market success.
• Make sure reporting and communications between the region and home office are clear and accurate, including box office reporting.
• Work with the Home Office Distribution team and local offices to ensure optimal release goals are set and met, including optimizing sales conditions, dating strategies and release targets.
• Participate in filmmaker meetings, marketing and sales summits in collaboration with local offices, as appropriate.
• Regularly assess and review Territory BO performance, estimates, retention rates for films in release.
• Work closely with senior regional leadership in TV/Home Entertainment to execute cross divisional strategies to maximize revenue across all windows, including negotiating new windowing strategies.
• Work with International Creative, Research, Digital and Media Planning in the design of regional marketing campaign.
• Create strategies that enhance collaboration across other Sony entities and businesses.
• Work with internal Finance teams to set the annual budgets, manage towards those budgets and deliver the optimal return against SPE content.
• Build and maintain relationships with all internal stakeholders and external clients/vendors-both emerging and existing players, at the highest levels.
• Typically 15+ years' experience in Entertainment/Media with in-depth knowledge of and experience in Theatrical Distribution and Marketing, preferably in the EMEA region
• Proven leadership working with senior executives preferably across multiple countries.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Must be data-driven and analytically minded with an extensive knowledge of and passion for Film content.
• Extensive knowledge of the digital and social media landscape.
• Has a track record in business development and in developing non-traditional business models.
• Confident presentational skills, along with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proactive, hands-on problem solver, flexible, adaptable and resourceful, works independently and self-motivated.
• Collaborative with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships both internally and externally
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London