Evp, Distribution & Networks
Sony PicturesHong Kong, HK
Full Time Job
EVP, Distribution & Networks, Asia Pacific
The Executive Vice President, Distribution & Networks is a highly motivated, strategic thinking leader who shares a passion for content and driving business growth. This position is responsible for managing all Asia Pacific activity across SPE television and home entertainment distribution covering all media, all distribution avenues (SVOD, AVOD, Transactional, Free TV and Pay TV) and all the studio's feature films and television series product, both current and library. This role is also responsible for overseeing the strategic direction, management and profitability of SPT Channels/Networks in the region.
Sony's linear and digital networks offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third-parties, as well as original content commissioned globally and locally.
Vision, Business Planning and Strategic Positioning
• Overall responsibility for P&L for 3 lines of business- TV Distribution, HE Distribution and Networks.
• Strong financial and commercial skills are a necessity. The position carries full budgetary and P&L responsibility and he/she will be required to report on these issues on a regular basis.
• In-depth understanding and foresights on each market's trends, customer needs as well as market/business risks
• Develop medium to long term business plans for future growth.
• Identify ways to maximize profits, reduce costs and improve efficiency across the business.
• Represents the company and manages relationships with major operators, content distributors, content producers, advertisers, advertising agencies and other groups in the region.
• Review and establish SPE's competitive positioning with goal to build the organization's capabilities to deliver on the competitive positioning.
• Must have or be able to develop and nurture strong and lasting relationships with key clients and partners.
Deal making, Acquisitions, JV, alliances and partnerships
• Increase the breadth and depth of product offerings through local acquisitions, JV, alliances and partnerships in the region
• Manage the relationship with JV, alliances and third-party distribution partners.
• Oversee deal negotiations to ensure maximum value is achieved and targets are met.
• Guiding the team on deal structures (including product, pricing, terms) and, ultimately, approve all deal structures and have final sign off on contracts.
• Managing the marketing team to develop campaigns with customers to promote the studio's product
• Ensure that rights and holdbacks granted are optimized for each market and in accordance with SPT practice and vis-a-vis other opportunities, both long and short term.
• Liaises often and closely with central functions in Los Angeles to ensure consistency in business planning, branding/positioning and channel strategy.
Culture & Team Leadership
• Demonstrate and promote values of Teamwork, Trust, Collaboration and Innovation
• Set objectives and evaluate performance of direct reports.
• Develop effective working relationships with other SPE regional leads in territory (Int'l Production, Theatrical, Legal etc.).
• Be a role model to the local teams and the rest of the organization, always looking to drive, motivate, inspire and develop the long-term growth of people and the business.
• Manage and strengthen relationships across other divisions at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Theatrical, Production, Legal, People & Organization, etc.) and with other Sony Corp. entities including Music, Electronics, Mobile, PlayStation, etc.
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
• Strategic, innovative thinking, capable of assessing near-term and longer-term client, market and industry factors to form critical decisions.
• Master of complex negotiations and skillful decision maker with an ability to quickly assess risk/reward. A steadfast champion of the company's objectives and needs, while maintaining great relationships with clients.
• Effective communicator, internal and external stakeholder management critical to success.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex studio environment.
• Has an understanding of all aspects of the business including programming, acquisitions, sales, marketing, promotions, technical operations, branding, production and the general media environment.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude, professional and managerial courage, initiative and innovation.
• Media knowledge and experience in dealing with the Digital, New Media, Telecommunications companies.
• Experience thriving in a studio environment; a track record of successfully scaling and growing a business profitably.
• Credibility and existing relationships within the region.
• Results- driven with strong customer focus and relationship management.
• High organizational and leadership skills to unite, encourage and motivate people in the team.
• Strong leadership, management skills and collaboration skills.
• Willing to travel regularly.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
HKG - Taikoo Shing - SPTI