Evp, Distribution & Networks
Sony PicturesMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 1/13/2021 9:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Exhibition & Distribution Category
Search for Evp, Distribution & Networks jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Evp, Distribution & Networks postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Evp, Distribution & Networks? EVP, Distribution & Networks, Latin America
Company and Position Overview:
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America (SCA), a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; digital content creation and distribution; worldwide channel investments; home entertainment acquisition and distribution, operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of filmed entertainment in more than 130 countries. Sony Pictures Television (SPT) operates three complementary lines of business: 1) Distribution of SPE's feature films and television programming to television outlets around the world, 2) Local television production in key international markets, 3) International television networks and digital networks.
The Executive Vice President, Distribution & Networks is a highly motivated, strategic thinking leader who shares a passion for content and driving business growth. This position is responsible for managing regional activity across SPE television and home entertainment distribution covering all media, all distribution avenues (FreeTV, PayTV, SVOD, EST, Retail) and all the studio's feature films and television series product, both current and library. This role is also responsible for overseeing strategic responsibility, management and profitability of SPT Channels/Networks in region. Sony's linear and digital networks offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third parties, as well as original content commissioned globally and locally.
• Vision, Business Planning and Strategic Positioning.
• The position carries full budgetary and P&L responsibility and the EVP will be required to report on these areas on a regular basis for 3 lines of business: TV Distribution, HE Distribution and Networks.
• Understand market and business risks as well as customer needs.
• Develop medium to long term business plans for future growth.
• Identify ways to maximize profits, reduce costs and improve efficiency across the business.
• Represents the company and manages relationships with major operators, content distributors, content producers, advertisers, advertising agencies and other groups in the region.
• Review and establish SPE's competitive positioning with goal to build the organization's capabilities to deliver on the competitive positioning.
• Must have or be able to develop and nurture strong and lasting relationships with key clients and partners.
• Increase the breadth and depth of product offerings through local acquisitions, JV, alliances and partnerships in the region.
• Manage the relationship with JV, alliances and third-party distribution partners.
• Oversee deal negotiations to ensure maximum value is achieved and targets are met.
• Make recommendations as to deal structure (including product, pricing, terms) and, ultimately, approve all deal structures and have final sign off on contracts.
• Ensure that rights and holdbacks granted are optimized for each market and in accordance with SPT practice and vis-a-vis other opportunities, both long and short term.
• Liaises often and closely with central functions in Los Angeles to ensure consistency in business planning, branding/positioning and channel strategy.
• Culture & Team Leadership.
• Demonstrate and promote values of Teamwork, Trust, Collaboration and Innovation.
• Set objectives and evaluate performance of direct reports.
• Develop effective working relationships with other SPE regional leads in territory (Int'l Production, Theatrical, Legal, etc.).
• Be a role model to the local teams and the rest of the organization, always looking to drive, motivate and inspire the long-term growth of people and the business.
• Manage and strengthen relationships across other divisions at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Theatrical, Production, Legal, People & Organization, etc.) and with other Sony Corporation entities including Music, Electronics, Mobile, PlayStation, etc.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in Distribution Sales and/or Media Networks experience, as well as 5+ years managing large teams across multiple regional offices.
• Strategic, innovative thinking, capable of assessing near-term and longer-term client, market and industry factors to inform critical decisions.
• Master of complex negotiations and skillful decision maker with an ability to quickly assess risk/reward.A steadfast champion of the company's objectives and needs, while maintaining great relationships with clients.
• Strong financial and commercial skills are a necessity to be able to manage full budgetary and P&L responsibility and report on these areas on a regular basis.
• Effective communicator, internal and external stakeholder management critical to success.
• Fluency in English and Spanish, with Portuguese a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a complex studio environment.
• Understands all aspects of the business including programming, acquisitions, sales, marketing, promotions, technical operations, branding and the general media environment.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and attitude, professional and managerial courage, initiative and innovation.
• Media knowledge and experience in dealing with the Digital, New Media, Telecommunications companies.
• Experience thriving in a studio environment; a track record of successfully scaling and growing a business profitably.
• Credibility and existing relationships within the region.
• Results-driven with strong customer focus and relationship management.
• High organizational and leadership skills to unite, encourage and motivate people in the team.
• Strong leadership, management skills and collaboration skills.
• Willing to travel regularly.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - FL - Miami This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.