EIS Global Network Architect GNS
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
EIS Global Network Architect GNS
The Global Network Architect is a senior member of the Global Network Services team accountable for defining network strategy and creating advanced networking solutions to support business requirements that align to that strategy and achieve the goals and vision of IT. The role must facilitate the effective application and operation of those network solutions. This position requires an emphasis on long-term planning and development of the network environment, development of road maps and strategy, proactive evaluation and assessment of new networking technologies and their applicability to the organization, development of supportable and efficient technical solutions and development of technical standards, policies and procedures. SPE has the expectation that solutions and strategy designed by the architect will be implemented and supported at a tier 4 capacity. The architect is expected to provide turnkey solutions that can be handed down to the operating groups which can include codified solutions for our business problems, implementing a framework for consistent implementations of the technology or defining clear standard operating procedures for implementing and debugging a solution or technology.
1. Network Architecture and Design
- Define the network strategy and road map.
- Act as a leader within the GNS organization.
- Lead the longer term evolution of the network environment
- Identify and evaluate new systems, technologies and services and develop them to an operational capability
- Develop and implemented codified solutions for support of existing and newly developed capabilities
- Enable standards and policies to reduce repeated effort for deployment and operations
- Monitor the development of new standards within the data and voice networking industry with particular attention to the impact on the SPE networking environment.
- Work with business and product leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology trade offs influence strategy.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with business partners, other IT groups and service providers
- Technical communications and consulting
- Analyze business and market needs and translate them into actionable architectural requirements.
- Develop business cases for strategic concepts that will become products and services.
- Operate as lead architect within a team of technical leads, each with individual specializations, to create a coherent and advanced architecture and offering
- Continually assess the existing environment and identify opportunities for improving solutions and service
2. IT Operations Support
- Act as the highest resource for problem determination and resolution and assist network engineers with the diagnosis of complex network issues.
- Participate in the development of operational procedures and policies.
- Participate in the change control, production acceptance and event management processes.
- Communicate change requests, issues and resolutions, event status as well other important matters to all areas of IT and customer departments.
- Develop the knowledge base and expertise of the GNS organization.
3. Develop and maintain project plans for medium to large sized system projects
4. Provide oral and written status reports to IT management and customers
• Minimum 10 years employment in the IT industry working with a major systems and vendors.
• Minimum 8 years experience with Cisco based network environments
• Minimum 5 years experience with multi-tiered network infrastructure environment
• Minimum 3 years experience of defining and realizing major technology initiatives ( 12 month duration) Previous IT management / project management experience across multiple IT disciplines.
• Two or more years of entertainment experience is a plus.
• Experience with Cisco Call Manager Systems is a plus
• Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of Cisco hardware platforms, switching, routing (including EIGRP, BGP), IOS, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, cabling infrastructure, firewalls, remote access systems, wireless, SDN, SD-WAN, MPLS VPN, multicast, WAN acceleration, wide area networking technologies, DNS/DHCP/NTP, authentication technologies, 802.1x, spanning-tree, layer 2 security, RADIUS/TACACS, QoS, load-balancing.
• Strong awareness of non-networking IT disciplines such as Windows and Linux server systems, clustering, storage area networks, RSA, information security, PKI, Active Directory, multi-tiered application architecture.
- All major networking and related technology concepts
- Proficient in all major Cisco networking products, including LAN, WAN and Security platforms
- IP and VoIP network design and routing architectures
- Expert level capability in a number of network technology areas
- Operational and support functions and associated challenges in managing a network environment
- Information Security as applied to networking and other IT domains
- Software Defined Networking concepts and design patterns
- Codified approaches to managing a homogeneous network at scale
- Proven ability to create and maintain complex network architectures and solutions
- Creating technical diagrams, presentations and other networking documentation
- Developing standards, policies and procedures
- Technical troubleshooting and problem determination
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with team members, clients and other IT areas
- Strong written and oral communications
- Comprehensive network design experience
- Comprehensive programming or scripting experience
- Proficient project management
- Handle multiple tasks and be flexible in a fast paced environment
- Analyze an existing environment, new requirements and new technologies and the capability of the organization and develop a realistic and achievable networking strategy
- Concisely explain technical problems and solutions to different levels of the organization
- Build and maintain positive relationships with IT organizations, business clients and vendors
- Critically assess and interpret business requests to understand real underlying requirements, define problems, establish facts and determine valid conclusions
- Innovate new and compelling solutions or approaches to existing problems or inefficiencies in the environment
- Remain open-minded to more effective alternatives to existing solutions and practices
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios