Director, Supplier Diversity
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Supplier Diversity
The Director of Supplier Diversity role will be instrumental in helping Sony Pictures grow and evolve our Supplier Diversity, Sustainability, and& Ethics Program.
The ideal candidate has strategic sourcing/procurement experience, great interpersonal skills, and a proven track record in program management. The candidate must be a self-starter, able to work independently, influence others, and expand their scope. It is also desirable for the candidate to have existing diverse supplier relationships and experience interacting with diversity councils such as WBENC, NMSDC, etc.
Proactively develop and implement a Supplier Diversity, Sustainability & Ethics Program for Sony Pictures:
• Continue the implementation of Supplier Diversity, Sustainability & Ethics Program, developing and achieving robust goals.
• Enable SPE's strategic sourcing and procurement teams to integrate diverse suppliers and sustainable procurement considerations into existing and new sourcing frameworks.
• Develop and implement ongoing project plans, budgets, and strategies for the SPE Supplier Diversity, Sustainability, and Ethics program.
• Develop, monitor, and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) results to the Sony Pictures Chief Procurement Officer, and track, and report measures for program success.
• Manage the tools and processes required for a successful program, including data enrichment.
• Expand the geographic scope of the program.
• Identify and implement process improvements, where possible building Supplier Diversity and Sustainability into business-as-usual Procurement processes.
• Administer the implementation and ongoing maintenance of a Supplier Code of Conduct.
• Maintain the ongoing business case for Supplier Diversity, Sustainability, and Ethics at SPE.
• Develop processes to mitigate sustainability and ethical risks in the supply chain.
• Oversee the work and professional development of a Supplier Diversity Analyst.
Develop and manage internal relationships with internal SPE Business Unit stakeholders to drive growth and adoption of the Supplier Diversity Program:
• Serve as Sony Pictures Procurement's point of contact for all Supplier Diversity, Sustainable Procurement and Supplier Ethics initiatives.
• Support communications to and training for SPE business units to gain and maintain program adoption.
• Communicate with a wide variety of clients at many different levels, in different business units including our motion picture, television, and home entertainment business units.
• Develop materials for and support communications and interaction with SPE's Chief Diversity Officer and senior clients, including the Sony Pictures Action Council, to develop program champions.
• Manage cross-functional teams and serve as liaison for internal diversity groups.
• Liaise with Sony Corporation of America and other Sony operating companies to support the establishment of supplier diversity programs at other Sony entities.
Develop and manage relationships and partnerships:
• Enhance relationships with Supplier Diversity counsels including but not limited to: WBENC, NMSDC, NGLCC, Disability:IN, and their local/regional affiliates.
• Proactively develop a diverse supplier network, including recruiting and soliciting diverse suppliers, maintain the diverse supplier portal, encourage diverse supplier certification, etc.
• Develop and maintain a supplier diversity application vetting process to ensure vendor applications are reviewed in a timely fashion and analyzed for inclusion in Sony Pictures' supplier database.
• Provide support to procurement operations day-to-day activities.
• Identify, evaluate, educate, and develop the capabilities of high potential suppliers to match them with sourcing opportunities that not only meet Sony Pictures' sourcing needs but can also align with and drive Sony Pictures' mission and values.
• Liaise with Sony Pictures' Employee Business Resource Groups to enable program success.
• Periodically arrange onsite and virtual events to highlight the availability of diverse businesses enterprise wide.
• Professionally manage and measure suppliers for continuous performance and improvement.
• Represent Sony Pictures in meetings, conferences, panels, industry groups, events, and other forums, as required.
• Maintain active knowledge/expertise of trends in Diversity and Inclusion, Supplier Diversity, and Sustainable Procurement.
• Support special projects as needed and performs other related duties as required
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in Supplier Diversity or Sustainable Procurement, or as part of a Strategic Sourcing team in which these programs are fully integrated.
• Experience in negotiating domestic and international agreements.
• Experience in developing Supplier Diversity and/or Sustainable Procurement programs.
• Strong knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations that apply to the provisions and limitations of a Supplier Diversity and Sustainable Procurement Program.
• Undergraduate Degree (Required)
• Business/Finance/Human Resources related degree (Preferred)
• CPM/CPSM/FCCM or similar certifications (Preferred)
• Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and communication skills (both written and in person)
• Advanced project/program management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
• Strong ability to market and sell new ideas
• Analytical skills
• Microsoft Office Suite skills including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook (including experience with pivot tables, data analysis, databases, etc.)
Attributes for Success:
• Highly motivated and able to think clearly under pressure
• Strategic thinker
• Effective communicator
• Organized and effective multitasking
• Team focused
• Learn quickly and apply knowledge
• High personal integrity and ethics
• Effectively manage relationships
• Make decisions quickly and effectively
• Logically and tactfully manage issues and conflicts
• Able to influence others
• Flexibility to learn and to work across a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios