Director, Strategic Analysis and Commercial Partnerships
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/26/2021 12:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Strategic Analysis and Commercial Partnerships jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Strategic Analysis and Commercial Partnerships postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Strategic Analysis and Commercial Partnerships?
Full Time Job
Director, Strategic Analysis and Commercial Partnerships
Sony Pictures Entertainment is looking for a strong executive to join our team as a Director, Strategic Analytics and Commercial Partnerships. As media consumption habits are rapidly changing and evolving we are seeking to infuse audience understanding and insights throughout the value chain at SPE.
What will be your mission?
At Sony Pictures, our mission is to meet audiences where they are and connect them to the content they love and are looking for across our rich and diverse repertoire of movie and television IP.
Our team is responsible for leading strategic analytics that enable us to understand the changing consumer behaviors and preferences within the media landscape. You will be a key leader partnering with senior stakeholders throughout SPE to leverage audience insights and data to co-create new audience solutions and decision enhancing tools to support our business objectives.
There are 2 key aspects to this role
This role supports all lines of business across SPE. We are building an inhouse capability we believe will enable SPE to maximize the sales and performance of our IP with our partners and stakeholders.
There are two critical functions we are building for SPE:
Audience Analytics, discovery tools and solutions.Partnering with the data science and data management team you will be defining the use cases and POC's to prove the value and impact of audience insights and solutions with key business stakeholders. You will define the approach to socialize and roll out these solutions across SPE and measure the impact and results.
Commercial Partnerships. In partnership with the US sales team an other commercial stakeholders you will seek to deeply understand the complex challenges we face across SPE as we look to connect our content with audiences via our clients. You will be responsible for building frameworks that enable SPE to be seen as industry leaders in defining new audience solutions for our partners.
You will define and guide initiatives that leverage our data assets at SPE to create best in class predictive models, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more – all geared toward building audience solutions, data products and insights that will predict audience preferences and behavior to drive engagement and consumption of our content across our partner base. To drive optimal commercial outcomes for SPE.
You will be reporting to the VP of Strategic Analysis & Tools.
Who are you?
You have a strong analytical background, and a demonstrated ability to summarize the complex into simple, cohesive and digestible findings, stories and recommendations.
You are well versed in performing data analysis across 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data, digital media analysis, have experience designing A/B Tests, and develop simple, flexible and meaningful visualizations and interfaces where data is used to tell a story that drives actionable insights for our clients, partners , SPE stakeholders and beyond.
You frame and organize analyses in ways that anticipate follow-on questions and deep dives, but that also allow for easy interpretation of your findings. As such, you appreciate that well-organized, clear, simple visualization techniques and distilled analytics are critical in engaging business users in a culture where data is democratized, accessible and easily interpreted.
You are comfortable working within two environments: in a fast-paced start-up-like environment and in a large and well-established distribution organization.
You thrive in a collaborative environment and are comfortable driving project-based deliverables with internal stakeholder groups and with external partners. You dive into projects and quickly come up to speed to on existing processes in order to build, maintain & enhance tools we've created for our Distribution, Sales and Marketing colleagues. And you frame / re-frame resulting insights so that they are relevant to these different internal audiences and their nuanced roles and responsibilities.
You have commercial experience and are versed in the different lines of business and business models that drive the studio revenues.
You are a translator, you know how to connect the dots and translate data into meaningful and impactful solutions that enhance decision making across SPE. You have a demonstrated ability to analyze large and diverse data sets and communicate findings with clear and compelling visualizations. This passion for learning applies to how you engage with business partners, as understanding the nuances of their business often informs our analysis and enables more actionable outputs.
• Demonstrated experience with commercial teams and clients, partners and platforms
• Demonstrated experience working with consumer-level data to define groups of individual consumers with propensity to engage, then serve offers matched to their preferences
• Demonstrated experience within entertainment or consumer packaged goods industry, collaborating with both internal and external sales and management teams
• Demonstrated desire and ability to self-learn and up-skill: must have a strong interest to learn and use new software which improves work efficiency and output
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to partner and collaborate effectively with cross-divisional functions and external partners
• Agile expertise to rapidly iterate at pace, bringing Decision Making Tools from Scope to Proof of Concept to Production to in-house training and implementation
• Ability to draw well-integrated conclusions and tell a cohesive story through models, presentations and dashboards
• Understanding of statistics and experience in predictive analysis techniques
• Enthusiasm and passion for following trends in media and entertainment
• A minimum of 5 years experience in user-level data analytics and solutioning
• Bachelor's Degree and/or MBA in Business Management, Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar degree from an accredited university
Required technical skills
• Advance knowledge of You Tube Analytics Portal and related APIs
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau (or Periscope) skills.
• Strong SQL reading and code writing
• Demonstrated ability to navigate cloud- based data platforms (BigQuery / AWS / Redshift, Snowflake) & relational data platforms (Teradata)
• Working knowledge of Alteryx
• Working knowledge of R & Python & Jupiter notebooks (preferred but not necessary)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building