Director, Sales Planning
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Sales Planning
Sony Pictures Television's Sales Planning group is a key division within the U.S. Distribution department. The Sales Planning team manages the distribution of feature film and television inventory across all media platforms, including; basic cable/satellite/IPTV, national broadcast, local syndication, pay television, subscription/free/tethered on-demand, and Sony's domestic networks. The Sales Planning group is responsible for a large breadth of inventory and deal analytics that support all key stakeholders in the distribution process, which also includes close collaboration with digital physical home entertainment and U.S. ad sales. Functions range from very specific analysis of individual properties to overall examination of SPE's entire portfolio of content.
• Advise and assist sales team on deals from inception to culmination, not limited to: market/client intelligence, product pricing guidance, windowing examination (cannibalization and optimization), communicating deal points and perspectives across platforms, memorialize any allocation for insight into the methodology used in the valuation.
• Provide analytical research (long-term and ongoing if needed) for high-volume, minimum guarantee, and output deal proposals (e.g., Netflix, FX, and Starz).
• Systematic reporting on library catalog value using historical licensing information and develop evolving methodologies that keep up with today's rapidly changing marketplace and help direct future deal pricing (comps).
• Build quantitative reporting metrics for library product based on sales activity to help with forecasting and deal structures.
• Produce historical utilization reports to give insight on remaining inventory value by setting estimated future sell-out activity and expected revenue.
• Analyze performance and usage reports of internal external product for pricing and windowing guidance (SVOD usage, Nielsen ratings, program schedules/FYI data).
Planning and Forecasting
• Facilitate forecast and pacing communication and presentations in partnership with the finance teams.
• Support the maintenance of cube database detail and dashboards that provide the sales team and executive end-users with forecasting and pacing information in easily accessible and interactive formats.
• Manage and construct information from multiple siloed data sources into cohesive reports that analyze; metadata, greenlight information, ultimates, slate projections, pacing vs. targets, assets and materials, and make reportable in formats such as; dashboards, greenlight packets, reference sheets, and visualizations.
• Assist the product planning team with the ongoing maintenance of film models (by genre and box office), which are used to generate greenlights, forecasts, and ultimates.
• Evaluate pre-library window deals for new revenue opportunities and exploitations, help support licenses avails and utilization reports, and conduct ad hoc analysis in pursuit of new sales opportunities.
• Provide client-tailored and general product avails, scheduled and ad-hoc avails reporting, and supply additional product information including asset information, music rights, and residuals for product.
• Build annual and ongoing feature film packages and analyze offers across a vast range of customers and windows.
• Research product performance on and supply Sales Team with curated avails that complement the targeted customer's programming.
• Continued support, as needed, to the SPT Networks (e.g., Crackle) content availability selection process, including building/repairing content selection grids, coordinating with Networks for content stunts, etc.
Ad Hoc Responsibilities
• Consult/advise on continual IT system builds and upgrades by identifying shortcomings and future needs.
• Test new environments and provide quality assurance feedback.
• Database maintenance. Work with IT to improve data housing capabilities, as well as populating values into the repository.
• Assist the syndication and ad sales teams with analyses as needed.
• Deep understanding of the studio business structure as well as product, media, and market knowledge.
• Extended experience building models in Excel and working with large data sets.
• Expert in creating story-driven presentations to communicate opportunities and analysis to executives.
• 5 years in media distribution, major studio preferred.
• Demonstrate leadership and provide guidance around prioritization and multi-tasking.
• Create an environment that enables team members to learn and grow.
• Lead and coach Jr. team members to navigate organizational intricacies and workflows within SPE.
• Step in and provide additional support and/or executive action, as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Must be detail-oriented with excellent computer, math and communication skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Expert in Microsoft Excel/database creation and management, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
• Proficiency in Tableau and Alteryx a plus.
• Demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced, high-performing team environment.
• Strong knowledge of television landscape and passion for TV series and movies.
• Highly organized, ability to work under pressure, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building