Director, Production Security, Safety & Events
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Production Security, Safety & Events
Reporting to the Executive Director of Production Security & Safety , the Director of Production Security , Safety & Event s for Sony Pictures Entertainment leverages extensive subject matter expertise and international experience to provide strategic guidance on a wide array of subjects . The roles and responsibilities are conducted in support of every internal Sony entity (and their 3rd party co-productions) from inception, to on-set production, to final delivery (globally) . Responsibilities include In-person global support for site assessments and location scouts, arranging and/or assisting in-depth threat assessments through GTM team and GSOC teams , vetting the script for potential security & safety concerns , providing best security & safety practices , providing input for crew/talent transportation and accommodations, coordinating vendor / staff/crew relations, provide gui dance in the protection of?assets (and/or content) , and delivering continuous support in the event of an incident during the production and/or event timeline for (ALL) SPE teams. [E xecutive, MPG, SPT , 3 rd party production , and M arketing/ P ublicity .]
Global Production Security & Safety Support from planning to execution
Direct management and interaction with up to (100+ productions) while partnering with SPE internal business units, production executives, local & federal law enforcement , State Department , and external production teams for successful implementation/resolution ensuring proper security & safety procedure s . Travelling (worldwide) providing solutions and real-time support, while combining a production background & experience with security & safety expertise.
• Pre-Production – [ set up of show ] - i.e. working with legal, procurement , external production teams , and internal executives on recognizing key production goals tha t may need security ( and/ or safety) assistance . Provide on-site guidance determining risk, talent needs, and potential IP concerns. Co ordinating with Global Threats T eam and GSOC to p rovide full security/threat?assessment s of (city, and/or region) of our production s location(s). L ead (and/or) assist with the hiring of local security vendors (also confirming they are approved and vetted by Sony Procurement team). Recognizing and addressing safety concerns with the production team.
• Communication and Support – create protocols and facilitate?automated communication(s)?and accountability?for all crew in the event of an emergency (via Everbridge) . Guidance in the protection of?assets (and/or content). Occasional r eview of shooting scripts providing internal feedback and/or concern in order to provide i nput and/or strategy ensuring best security & safety measures are administered .
• Completion – taking any valuable information gathered from physical production - to transition to the (Post Production) Event Security phase – controlling logistics for talent strategy , junkets , and premieres .
Global Event Security – (Corporate/Production Support)
Directing g lobal support and regional oversight for all Sony entities providing logistical and on-site support for (junkets, world premieres, location assessments, corporate sponsored events, and/or reactionary event needs/requests). Travel s worldwide providing solutions and real-time support d elivering staffing, strategy, and direct supervision for all SPE events globally , including SPE on-lot corporate/production events and (internal and 3rd party) production shoots. Partnering with marketing and publicity teams for each title (and world tour) for strategy and prioritization – while leading SPE Regional Teams for on - the - ground representation (when appropriate).
Decentralize the traditional staffing model by recognizing global partners to reduce travel costs and broaden our global support. Creates, vets, and coordinates Vendor Management Program for E vent and P roduction S ecurity /Safety . Maintains close communication and coordination with the management of each preferred vendor. Identify and maintain standardized rates with vendors for security and close protection services in coordination with Procurement . Assembles all third-party vendor contracts (and insurances) with Legal , Risk, and Procurement teams .
COVID-19 Crisis Management Coordination
This role has extensive internal, client-facing responsibilities as part of the company's crisis management efforts in response to COVID-19. The management of multiple weekly meetings with various production entities is an ongoing requirement, along with ensuring that all items discussed are action ed accordingly. Thought leadership, product development, lateral thinking and time management are critical success factors.
• 5 years of previous, studio relevant experience in dealing with a fast-paced environment where management, coordination & people skills are a must.
• Bachelors degree preferred but not required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Proficiency in Veoci, Microsoft Word and Excel, Adobe Photoshop, SharePoint, SAP, Perspective, OnGuard .
• K nowledge of Sony Productions an d its business units, term deal productions, and operational staff is crucial. Shows an understanding of issues relevant to the broad organization and business. Keeps pace with an increasing amount of new and updated information relating to the industry, its objectives, and the competition. Achieves and maintains optimal operational efficiency via innovation and technical knowledge. Develops strong business relationships focusing on communication and customer service. Analyzes current operational status and determines appropriate course of action.
• Building strong and lasting relationships with clients thereby increasing the chances of returning customers. Develops short and long-range plans that are appropriately comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting goals; builds a strong team with complementary strengths; delegates and empowers others; removes obstacles, & monitors progress. Speaks clearly and expresses self well in groups and in one-to-one conversations, and through formal and informal written documents; listens to others; delivers effective presentations. Steps forward to address difficult issues; mobilizes people to take action; build effective teams committed to organizational goals; accurately assess the strengths and development needs of employees; provides challenging assignments and opportunities for development.
• Willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change. Learns from experience, actively pursues learning and self-development; modifies behavior in light of feedback
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios