Director, Production Finance
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Production Finance
Sony Pictures Entertainment is seeking a Director of Production Finance to support film and television productions worldwide. The candidate will be focused on supporting the Production Finance line of business and Location Accounting technologies. The role requires a combination of strong technology background and business acumen in order to manage relationships between business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services. The role will partner with the Production Finance senior leadership to understand the changing business needs and ensure that IT's alignment to business objectives is achieved by working closely with the Divisional CIO's and Regional CIO's to translate business needs into IT demands and validating that the IT delivery meets the articulated needs. The position will perform program level project management activities and must be well versed in project management disciplines as well as experience with enterprise application system integration. This role will require a strong understanding of Production Accounting principles along with Location Accounting technologies and workflows. The candidate will be required to have an in-depth and cross functional understanding of core line of business processes and value-chain services, (i.e. Product Development, Title & Rights, Budgeting, Production Finance, Tax Incentives, SAP, & Cashflow)
• Primary liaison between IT and VP to CFO level customers in Motion Pictures and Television to determine IT demand and solution roadmap and manage the delivery of those technology solutions to meet the business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
• Build relationship as a trusted business partner with key business executives and be focal point for delivery of IT services.
• Own business driven IT programs & projects and management of their respective business cases, ensuring that they deliver business value. Monitor, and review all project and program economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
• Understanding of business process from Rights through Production, the systems that support those processes, and the master data management.
• Initiate and facilitate communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups.
• Understand the data contained in each of the applications and work with collaborate with the divisional Business Intelligence team to provide automation, dashboarding and visualization capability to the business customers to streamline their operations and extract greater value from their data.
• Establish and maintain a Production Finance program and act as a delivery manager
• Assess current portfolio of applications used to manage this process to determine application retirement candidates, migration path, platform consolidation & strategy, integration both within the business units and to up & down stream systems.
• Standardization opportunities between MPG & SPT, financial compliance (SOX & SAP)
• Leveraging the enterprise's IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results including solution design and platform selection.
• Manage a team of project managers, business analysts and technical teams comprised of employees and service providers to drive and own the definition of business requirements
• Identify and acquire new IT services for the business and own documentation of such for the IT Service Catalog
• Manage demand for application development work and prioritize requests for application enhancements and new development across the business portfolio supported, working with the DCIO to manage demand across the Line of Business or region
• Establish and monitor the service levels as developed and agreed in association with ADM Service Delivery Managers and Sr. Application Leads
• Providing VIP support in conjunction with and on behalf of the Global Service Desk, acting as a point of escalation for incidents with high business impact
• BS/MA degree preferred
• Typically, 4+ year's experience in managing leadership level business relationships within the entertainment industry
• Experience as a consultant or facilitator
• Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
• Knowledge of project and program management fundamentals
• Familiar with the Agile Framework and demand processes across the IT organization
• Experience with Location Accounting systems such as Global Vista, Smart Accounting and PSL
• Strong understanding of multiple software delivery life cycle methodologies
• Strong business domain knowledge and business acumen
• Proven history of IT management in either application support management or project management, with 8+ years of experience managing technology teams
• Proven skills in project management and project management oversight:
• Organize and lead the production of all collateral required to initiate a project (including vision document, business case/cost benefit analysis, high level requirements specifications, and other elaboration phase outputs). Assess/recommend skills and resources needed to successfully complete the project(s) and achieve the business and IT goals
• Organize the project team (people needed in the business and IT organizations, as well as third parties). Ensure all policies for on boarding new resources and vendors are followed. Create or supervise the creation of the project schedule, ensuring that it conforms to the System Development Lifecycle as appropriate.
• Maintain the project budget, project tracking and reporting requirements, and status reporting. Ensure that company controls are observed and applied to all projects under management. Ensure that a communications strategy and risk mitigation plan has been created and signed off by project stakeholders and is being followed. Establish and maintain clear escalation procedures so that problems and issues encountered are addressed in a timely manner.
• Manage the project through all the phases and milestones from requirements gathering to post-implementation reviews. The project manager is responsible for ensuring that the necessary resources/skills are available as the project(s) go through the various phases of a software development life-cycle.
• For projects involving third parties, the project manager is accountable for ensuring that clear specifications are developed and communicated to the third parties (e.g. Preferred Service Providers), including criteria for acceptance of the outputs from the third parties.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios