Director, Post Media Operations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Post Media Operations
Reporting directly to the Executive Vice President of the group, the Director of Operations is co-managing day-to-day operations at the Post Media Center, the on-lot post production team specialized in digital mastering, creative editorial, audio services and archiving for film and television content.
The Director has 3 main areas of responsibilities:
• Managing assigned teams of managers, coordinators, operators in support of various workflows
• Maximizing productivity through workflow management and talent development
• Improving and maintaining excellent communications with internal teams, clients and creatives
The Director is a key promoter and strategic change agent working across studio divisions to gather business needs and contribute to the on-going transformation of the Post Media Center.
• Manage day-to-day operations of Post Media Center and ensure high quality and on time delivery of projects
• Manage several functional teams through all aspects of operations, including hiring, training, mentoring, and gathering and providing frequent feedback; promote excellence and empower staff for success
• Maximize productivity and client satisfaction across post production pipelines
• Oversee complex digital workflows and proactively develop process improvement solutions with the goal of increasing performance/accuracy and reducing operational expenses
• Refine, document and enforce departmental SOPs across pipelines.
• Analyze monthly performance metrics, create internal and external reporting (score card, volumes, rejections and on time delivery rate)
• Develop operational improvements based on staff feedback, business requirements and profitability results
• Maintain and enforce adherence to new pricing structure/rate card
• Provide leadership and vision to the organization by working with Senior Management to develop annual and long range plans for the Post Media Center
• Communicate and reinforce group's strategy and goals, internally and externally
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, vendors, partners and other Sony Pictures departments to improve customer satisfaction
• Lead and manage high-level projects and collaborate with Sr. Team and Clients to problem solve, provide technical expertise, and develop fiscally responsible solutions
• Stay abreast of latest post production industry trends and technologies and help define roadmap for the group
• A minimum of 10 years of hands-on post-production experience, both features and television
• A minimum of 10 years of managerial experience
• Expert knowledge of post production and digital workflows, specifically around IMF (Interoperable Master Format) mastering and versioning (Original Version, Localized Versions, IMAX mastering, Original Aspect Ratio, 1.78 pan & scan, Watermarking, etc.), audio mastering (ATMOS, 7.1, 5.1, MUHD conform process), D.I. (Dolby Vision, HDR/SDR), IMAX mastering, editorial, digital media and data management, at a studio or large post production facility.
• Hands-on knowledge of Supply Chain media systems and processes
• Proven experience and understanding of the creation process & delivery of video, audio and digital materials, including technical specs for both domestic and international
• Understanding of localization requirements (censorship, dubbing, subtitling, IMF supplemental mastering)
• Proven leadership abilities, a strategic mindset, and a passion for innovation
• Decisive & effective problem-solving ability
• Proven skills in business and resource management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Sound analytical skills (both qualitative & quantitative)
• Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
• Proficiency in defining, creating, and developing requirements, functional design specifications, process flows and diagraming, data models, business procedures, test scenarios/scripts, training materials.
• Strong interpersonal skills that encourage team cooperation & foster strategic thinking
• Proven experience in dealing directly with senior executives and talent
• BA/BS or equivalent experience required
• Experience working with unions, preferably Motion Picture Editors Guild, IATSE Local 700
• Mastery in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Visio Diagrams/Flows
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios