Director, People & Organization
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2021 12:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, People & Organization jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, People & Organization postings
Full Time Job
DIRECTOR, PEOPLE & ORGANIZATION, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & POLICY
We are excited to continue to grow our Employee Relations & Policy team by adding an additional Director!
Reporting to the Vice President, People & Organization, Employee Relations & Policy, this position is a key member of the Employee Relations team, providing support to the Motion Picture, Television, and Corporate business units, including film and television productions. This role will provide thought leadership on workplace practices and policies that support our desired culture and provide key support in creating programs that ensure a respectful workplace necessary to optimize performance. This role will partner collaboratively with People & Organization (SPE's Human Resources team) and other teams to ensure consistency, compliance, and high-quality service delivery from the Employee Relations team to further enhance SPE's employee experience.
• Partner with various groups (P&O Business Partners, Labor Relations, Employment Legal, Investigative Services, and Security) on issues relating to serious and sensitive employee relations matters.
• Conduct confidential investigations of claims of harassment, discrimination, bullying, retaliation, and other policy violations, and provide guidance on outcomes and communication.
• Assist in developing and implementing standardized processes for investigations, including tracking and documenting.
• Develop, revise, and advise on implementing company policies and processes consistent with changes in laws and regulations, best practices, and company culture.
• Advise on accommodations related to disabilities, medical conditions, and religion to drive consistency across the company.
• Provide ad hoc guidance to P&O Business Partners on coaching employees, disciplinary actions, and performance management to ensure consistency across the company.
• Design, develop, and deliver ongoing employee relations- and policy-related training to the P&O community and managers.
• Film and Television Production Employee Relations
• Assist in developing and implementing employee relations strategy for film and television productions.
• Partner with others on the People & Organization and Employment Legal teams as needed on HR compliance and employee experience initiatives.
• Participate in and/or lead special projects as required.
• Provide support on RFIs and RFPs for consultants/vendors in the area of Employee Relations.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in education and experience.
• Advanced degree in Human Resources or related field, and/or JD (a plus).
• At least 8 years of progressive responsibilities in Human Resources positions, particularly in employee relations, labor relations and performance management areas.
• Strong knowledge of employment law, compliance, and conducting sensitive investigations.
• Ability to think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items.
• Must possess consultative style and approach with proven ability to develop credible relationships while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Comfortable working in ambiguous business situations and advising accordingly – developing creative solutions.
• Proven ability to influence decision making; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• Exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization.
• Strong experience and demonstrated skills in handling a variety of employee relations matters.
• Excellent follow-through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
• Possess a strong work ethic; self-motivated with a desire to take initiative and look for ways to improve processes and create efficiencies.
• Experience providing Human Resources or Employee Relations support to film and/or television productions.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios