Director Of Product Management
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director of Product Management, SVOD - Funimation
Funimation is seeking a Director of Product Management, SVOD to join their team. As Funimation continues to grow its subscriber base and continues its international expansion, the Director of Product Management will be responsible for owning the SVOD product roadmap, the global rollout strategy, content discovery and payments for the subscription streaming service.
Funimation's subscription streaming service is experiencing huge growth and is looking for an experienced Product leader to own the vision and establish strong product processes to ensure success of the team. You will lead a team of 3 distributed SVOD product managers and work collaboratively across engineering, marketing and other cross-functional teams. To be successful in this role, you must have deep experience in subscription-streaming services, international experience, a high degree of technical execution and not be afraid to roll up the sleeves. The ideal candidate will have previous experience leading teams through a global market expansion for a subscription platform. This role is critical to the success of the company and will have an enormous impact on customer growth and retention as consumers continue to seek a world-class streaming experience.
Reporting to Funimation's VP of Product Management, Sree Kaushik, the Director of Product Management, SVOD will:
• Lead and manage a world-class team of product managers distributed across LA, SF and Dallas.
• Own the SVOD strategy and roadmap to enable outstanding end-user experiences across onboarding, streaming experiences, content discovery and recommendations.
• Influence executives and stakeholders to gain top-down and bottom-up alignment across the organization.
• Work closely with the Engineering team to define and execute on the re-architecturing efforts of the streaming platform.
• Introduce execution discipline and improvements to product development processes that will result in projects being delivered in a timely manner.
• Conduct market research and opportunity assessments to determine which international countries to expand to and when.
• Facilitate collaboration between Product and other teams including Marketing, Partnerships and Customer Service to define features that align to business needs for the SVOD streaming service.
• Partner with the Data team to uncover product insights through collected data and A/B testing and continue to iterate and optimize the user experience.
• Bachelor's degree and 5+ years in product management.Product management experience in streaming subscription services.
• Experience with global expansion strategy and internationalization of products
• Experience working with multi-platform products on mobile, web and OTT.
• Demonstrates product instincts and the ability to balance technical, user and business needs.
• 4+ years experience leading and motivating high-performing, product management teams in an agile environment.
• Proven experience working collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
• An analytical mindset and proven experience using data to inform decisions.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Comfortable in both scrappy and entrepreneurial environments as well as more sophisticated and later-stage organizations.
• Humble product management leader who is a natural collaborator and communicator and values the importance of developing strong and lasting relationships with colleagues, direct reports, and other departments.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills. You enjoy providing long-term career guidance for your team members.
• Self-starter, strong sense of ownership and accountability.
• High energy and action-oriented with a passion for getting things done in complex environments.
• Great communicator and teammate. Eager to learn and never happy with the status quo. Good eye for design, copy and a creative problem solver.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios