Director Of Development
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director of Development - Pure Flix
Pure Flix is the worldwide leader in selecting and streaming faith and family-friendly media that changes lives, inspires hearts, and lifts the spirits of members like you and those you love.
This is an exciting and critical role as PureFlix.com is producing a slate of Originals. The Director of Development is responsible for identifying stories that resonate with PureFlix.com members. The Director of Development will recommend scripted movies and series to build our slate of development projects. The role encompasses evaluation of potential Originals, from script development to coordination of completed Originals with all stakeholders. This is an impact role and the Director of Development will join the dynamic Licensing/Acquisition Team.
• Writing coverage for incoming materials
• Reviewing and approving concepts, outlines, scripts, rough cuts, etc.
• Providing creative guidance and feedback on movies and series projects
• Hearing pitches, participating in notes calls, attending creative and general meetings
• Driving concept generation and trend spotting
• Drafting talent lists
• Identifying industry trends and understanding the competitive entertainment marketplace
• Liaising with marketing and physical production departments
• Reviewing marketing materials to ensure adherence to creative direction of projects
• Reviewing development materials including but not limited to: project briefs, treatments, decks and budgets.
• Participating in green light meetings for prospective projects.
• 5+ years of series development experience
• Passion and proven experience with faith-based content
• Excellent writer of coverage for all types of content
• Knowledge of development and writer relationships
• Creative thinker with a passion for content development
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Positive, proactive and able to consistently exercise great judgment
• A proven track record for driving high performance content and growth.
• Minimum of 3-7 years of experience with a network, streamer, production company or related experience.
• Strong writing and communication skills as well as an understanding of production
• Comfortable in a self-starter environment and collaborative work style
• Bachelor's degree preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios, USA - Scottsdale - Pima Road - Affirm Entertainment