Director Mobile Engineering - Funimation
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/21/2020 4:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Director Mobile Engineering - Funimation jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director Mobile Engineering - Funimation postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Mobile Engineering - Funimation? Director Mobile Engineering - Funimation
Funimation creates extraordinary anime experiences for tens of millions of people around the world every day. For over 25 years, Funimation has been the market leader, serving a passionate fan community whenever, and wherever they want it. We deliver the best that anime has to offer across television, feature films, events, retail, merchandise and, of course, the Funimation subscription apps, which are available on 15 platforms in 47 countries. Our culture is high-energy and our approach is deeply customer-obsessed, with top talent from across the full spectrum of media, tech, gaming and entertainment. With over 400 employees in 6 countries,
Funimation is rapidly expanding and looking for passionate, innovative leaders to join our team. Funimation is an independently-operated joint venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment US, and Aniplex JP, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment Japan, Inc. To learn more about Funimation, visit funimation.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Funimation is looking for a Director of Mobile Engineering to join our growing Engineering and technology team. This position plays a key role in the management of all the front-end mobile, console, & TV applications helping to architect, define and design high quality digital experiences for our customers on our Apps. This is a hands on role that will help shape the future of our mobile streaming application products across iOS, Android, TV & Console apps and Android. Our ideal candidate will have experience building and leading mobile engineering teams across multiple platforms, as well as best practices of the mobile ecosystem.
As our Director of Mobile Engineering you have the technical chops to lead our engineering organization and the ability to roll up your sleeves solve the technology challenges with the best and brightest in the organization. You have a passion for engineering and a proven track record of creating extensible architectures and solid designs that withstand the test of time. You lead your teams by example, mentorship and charisma to do what it takes to get things done and make a difference. You'll work closely with the Product organization to contribute to product strategy and participate in company level prioritization.
• Lead and execute Funimation's streaming platform vision on mobile apps in partnership with product management.
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an agile environment. Directly manage and mentor a team of engineers as well as working with outside vendors to boost our delivery capability, whether in-house, off-shore, or third-party.
• Lead the development technical product strategies designed to partner with business and product needs to grow the business and compete in a highly competitive marketplace
• Ensure development of extensible architectures and solid technical designs
• Serve as the most senior Mobile application technical resource / stakeholder in any setting, internal or external.
• Provide front end technical guidance across functions (i.e. the feasibility of a new feature to our UX team, or an estimate of how long a feature would take to implement to a PM).
• Stay current on the latest mobile app technologies and inspire your team to do the same.
• Lead the app development team ensuring all efforts are adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
• Define best practices for all mobile/console/TV app deployment and architecture
• Evaluate/Audit/enforce that all front-end development work (whether conducted internally or by external suppliers) adheres to adhere to industry standard and internally defined best practices
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or five years of applicable experience, especially with Video, high-volume platform/software environments and platform development in a media/entertainment-related role
• 10+ years of industry experience including software development, product development, and a min. of 5+ years in team management
• Strong familiarity or hands-on experience with OO development across multiple consumer platforms (web, mobile, connected TV, games consoles, VR)
• Leadership experience should include building and leading a world-class team of engineers
• Proven capabilities managing and working with global and/or geographically dispersed technical teams
• Significant track record leading high-performing mobile engineers and teams
• Proven track record of delivering high-quality mobile applications at scale, on schedule
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
• Experience with enforcing best practices, tuning engineering process, TDD, code reviews, and CI
• Experience in end-to-end media workflows for linear and non-linear is highly desirable
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.