Director, Media & Promotions
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/24/2021 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Media & Promotions jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Media & Promotions postings
Full Time Job
Director, Media & Promotions
SPE MEDIA DIRECTOR
The SPE Media Director is accountable for creating best-in-class, strategic and integrated media campaigns for Sony Pictures film releases across theatrical and home entertainment. This individual will work closely with their respective VP of Media in campaign development and execution, in-house and agency communications, and the onboarding of new technology and processes. The Media Director may also oversee and train a Media Manager on the team.
The expectation for the Media Director is that they will have an intimate holistic knowledge of the current media landscape with experience in both digital and traditional platforms. They will use this background for integrated campaign development/communication, campaign management, and marketing innovation. The Media Director will work directly with the internal media teams (strategy/planning AND performance media group), the media agency, and outside parties including publishers, networks and promotional outlets, audience platforms, and data & technology partners. They will be asked to meet with other groups in the marketing organization and present work to teams as well as high level executives.
• CAMPAIGN STRATEGY: Develop and lead integrated campaign strategy (including target audience, flighting, etc.) and identify media partnerships and promotional ideas that deliver against defined parameters across the full life cycle of a film (from theatrical all the way through home entertainment). This also includes leading and building media strategy presentations for senior management and filmmakers.
• COLLABORATION WITH GREATER MARKETING ORGANIZATION: Build cohesion between all of the groups within the Sony Pictures Marketing department. This includes working with brand, publicity, creative, research, etc. to ensure strategic alignment. For example, being able to collaborate, ideate, and communicate with groups that are not experts in Media to create large-scale cross-departmental activations.
• AGENCY RELATIONSHIP: Collaborate with the media agency by overseeing regular planning sessions, sharing research and relevant film updates, conducting brainstorm sessions & briefs, providing feedback on each campaign's media plan, and setting deliverable and deadline expectations.
• PARTNER MANAGEMENT: Work directly with and collaborate creatively with media partners (for example, Facebook, YouTube, ESPN, iHeartRadio, JC Decaux, etc.) to make sure each partner is aware of campaign specifics and puts together a tailored program that meets each campaign objective or builds never-before-done ''needle moving'' executions.
• CAMPAIGN REPORTING: Work with the agency and performance media group to analyze digital media plan reporting on a regular basis and communicate findings to the Media team and be able to present high-level insights to internal marketing teams (Creative, Digital Marketing, Research, etc.).
• MEDIA PLAN EXECUTION: Manage the comprehensive media plan, budget and creative deliverables (including digital, broadcast, radio, OOH, etc) to make sure they are planned and delivered based on given strategy parameters and are executed and optimized throughout the life of the campaign. Occasionally conduct formal presentations on media campaign strategies and tactics to senior management and internal marketing teams.
• DATA STRATEGY/OTHER PROJECTS: Develop and present other projects specifically for the greater media and marketing organization.
• In addition to media strategy, it is our expectation that the Media Director will also help to future-proof the team's approach. This will include: Enhancing the first party audience strategy and other data sources, evolving media analytics, and exploring automation opportunities.
• The Media Director will report directly to an assigned VP and will be responsible for training and mentoring a media manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
Must have extensive knowledge in:
• 4-5 years of holistic media planning and buying across all channels including digital, broadcast, radio; prior experience in entertainment marketing preferred but not required
• Media Math including GRPs/TRPs, CPMs, CPCs, CPVs, CPEs and Reach/Frequency
• Agency and/or Studio experience a plus
• Partner/Publisher landscape including the following categories: Network, Cable, Endemic, Sports, Social, Video, Programmatic, Search, Display, OTT/FEP, Connected TV, etc.
• Upfront buying strategies and negotiation tactics
• Audience measurement methodologies by media type (across Television, Digital, Radio, Outdoor, Connected Devices, etc.)
• Reporting Tools including iSpot, ComScore, Datorama, DoubleClick, Facebook Insights, Google/YouTube Analytics is a plus
• Third party ad verification partners to monitor and optimize media (i.e.: IAS, MOAT, DoubleVerify) is a plus
• Big data and advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions, data management platforms, and audience buying platforms
Must possess the below skills:
• Excellent written, oral communication, and effective team building skills
• Strong presentation skills and ability to confidently communicate key points/learnings to audiences with various levels of media proficiency
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
• Self-starter with high level of initiative
• Passionate, committed with a high level of energy
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Must have an open communication style which takes into account managing expectations with multiple stakeholders
• Having a genuine love and passion for entertainment marketing and being an avid consumer of various media types and content
• Manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines in a very fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Strategically think and apply high attention to detail
• Think outside the box and create compelling stories to connect consumers to entertainment brands
• Analyze and apply data to improve media performance and positively impact box office results
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to train, coach, and mentor direct report(s)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accomodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios