Director, Marketing Strategic Partnerships
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/17/2023 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Marketing Strategic Partnerships jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Marketing Strategic Partnerships postings
Full Time Job
Director, Marketing Strategic Partnerships
The Marketing Director will be responsible for providing marketing support for multi-platform partnerships and home entertainment ranging from new digital distribution to consumer promotions. They will report to the VP Global Brand Marketing to develop and implement strategic partnerships to drive increased marketing touchpoints and reach consumers beyond title specific marketing.
They will work with the VP as well as the SVP Brand Marketing and the EVP Multichannel Distribution Marketing to support New Digital Distribution initiatives outside of traditional entertainment such as Electronics and Automotive. They will work closely with the Digital Distribution team participating in Partner meetings to help develop and manage marketing programs. Components of the marketing programs will include content programming, identifying, creating and approving marketing assets, and invoking our owned channels to amplify and provide cross-promotion.
In addition to supporting our new digital distribution initiatives, strategic partnerships include 3rd party brands that extend our marketing by leveraging the partner's marketing touchpoints to help drive revenue by maximizing our presence in social and at retail, as well as pulling in other Sony divisions, where applicable. This will entail working closely with the Theatrical Strategic Partnerships team to provide relevant home entertainment information for partner pitches and discussions. When a partner has been identified, the Marketing Director will help execute the promotion working closely with the HE Brand Lead, Legal, Creative and any other pertinent functional teams to execute the promotion.
They need to keep an eye towards business/digital trends to bring innovation to the business while frequently re-evaluating priorities in a dynamic landscape. They must be a pro-active team player, with experience guiding a team to balance marketing and commercial needs in a fast-moving environment. They should be nimble, open to change and constantly evaluating processes, distribution models and go to market initiatives to identify growth opportunities and drive revenue.
• Work with SVP & VP Brand to:
• create and implement marketing partnerships and manage budgets
• identify KPI's Pre-Launch and work with analytics team to conduct post analysis to measure program ROI
• Work with Exec Marketing and Digital Distribution teams to establish yearly marketing programs for expansion businesses
• Manage new Digital Distribution's client marketing relationships including, title activation planning for tentpole releases Join regular client GTM calls - Lead weekly customer meetings and conference calls. Lead creative development as required.
• Create project kick-offs/ briefs to promotional agencies and partner creative agencies
• Work with promotional agencies and partner creative agencies to approve & deliver marketing assets, manage timelines and budgets
• Manage marketing program elements – both trade and consumer (e.g. digital & social assets, media support, a/v content), includes obtaining legal and talent/filmmaker approvals.
• Partner with the commercial and cross functional teams including Media, Content Marketing, Digital Marketing, Publicity and Legal to provide program details and obtain support
• Work with Brand leads to drive and execute partnership strategies for priority films
• Work with Customer Experience to achieve optimal retail programs and presence, where applicable
• 7 years overall experience (Marketing/ CPG / Retail preferred)
• Full lifecycle promotional marketing experience is required
• Proven experience in working collaboratively with Marketing and Sales teams, promotional partners and external customers
• Analytical problem-solving skills (quantitative and qualitative)
• Experience in developing and executing strategic plans
• Strong planning, project management and presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working cross-functionally and with outside agencies
• Bachelor's Degree required (preferred Business/Finance/Marketing major)
• Adherence to SPE values of Teamwork, Trust and Innovation
• Communicate and collaborate with various stakeholders at different org levels
• Present marketing campaigns and go-to-market plans to diverse audience base, including commercial teams and external partners
• Strong organizational & critical time path management skills
• Manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously, with excellent attention to detail
• Technical knowledge of online systems and processes
• Digital Media Practices is a plus
The anticipated base salary for this position is $115,500 to $140,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building