Director, IT Infrastructure
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, IT Infrastructure
The Director of IT Infrastructure will lead a team of infrastructure engineers under the Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) IT department. As the Director of IT Infrastructure, you will manage both tactical and strategic aspects of SPE Infrastructure and processes related to all engineering activities. You will lead the team in planning, implementing, and monitoring a variety of medium to large-scale enterprise projects. Contribute to technology and systems planning required to maintain company operations. Provide strategic technology directions, system enhancements, and development of standards, global implementation, and technology purchases for the enterprise. This position functions as a key partner to IT and business stakeholders in determining infrastructure requirements to support data and applications by adopting best practices and evaluating new technologies.
• Ensures overall technical direction for core infrastructure activities. Develop strategic and tactical infrastructure plans and implement the objectives of the IT needs of the company to ensure the infrastructure capabilities are responsive to the needs of the SPE's growth and objectives.
• Provide leadership for the Cloud Data Center Infrastructure team in establishing and implementing technical standards, processes, and planning for implementing emerging new technologies.
• Manages and controls all infrastructure functions to ensure a timely and accurate product/ service. Prepares schedule of assignments or directs subordinate engineers to ensure work is completed within established timeframe.
• Develop procedures. Ensure that operating procedures have been established and staff adheres to procedures. Enhance current procedures to improve productivity.
• Develop periodic goals, organizes the work, sets short and long-term priorities, monitors all activities, and ensures timely and accurate completion of work.
• Evaluate and oversee ongoing operations of computing and information technology functions and recommend enhancements.
• Assist the Cloud Data Center PoA lead with setting technology direction for the organization.
• Advise the Cloud Data Center PoA lead on strategic systems conversion and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
• Evaluate new and emerging technologies, direct continuous review of systems and methods, formulates new and revised strategies for all production environments.
• Examine existing process and technologies in use and make recommendations for improvement, cost reductions and enhanced efficiencies.
• Responsible for all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans. Key partner in enabling business continuity plans for SPE's key applications.
• Anticipate and provide solutions to complex business and operations problems.
• Oversee the budget preparation and tracking actual expenditures versus budget.
• Responsible for overall quality monitoring of the infrastructure group, and offshore team Service Delivery.
• Responsible for all on-premises and cloud server infrastructure and performance, adhering to corporate security and governance compliance policies.
• Manage relationship with managed service providers to ensure operational excellence.
• Partner with stakeholders to develop and implement the standard procedures and policies for Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) infrastructure delivery operations.
• Participates in SPE object and key results (OKR) programs, projects, document and lead discussions around systems requirements, specifications, cost, and timeline.
• Planning, developing, and maintaining the budget for the infrastructure hosting.
• Responsible for procurement of hardware and software related to on-premises and cloud infrastructure with SPE Corporate Procurement department to ensure cost effectiveness.
• Manages the software licensing and maintenance contracts with vendors.
• Manages the service fulfillment, problems, change managements of infrastructure delivery.
• Manages the staff resource and prioritize projects based on the SPE demand and requirements.
• Measure, plan, and evaluate the SLA/SLO of the service delivery.
• Provides common reviews for support staffs and mentors support staff members.
• Maintains the SPE defined procedures and policies and makes sure they're properly documented/updated.
• Participates and supervises the technology overview of the infrastructure (Server/Storage/Backup)
• Provides a project management service to the SPE capital project group related to the infrastructure.
• Manages the escalation procedures for systems engineering group.
• Provides reports to the senior management for the overall group status.
• Manage financials, schedules, and risks for assigned ETS projects, enhancements, maintenance and support activities and services. Provides strategic technology initiatives, recommend infrastructure enhancements, cost savings and risk mitigation initiatives as well as maintaining a highly available infrastructure environment worldwide.
• Provides coaching, mentoring, and training opportunities to staff members. Responsible for the development of effective working relationships with clients and all other IT departments.
• Administers performance appraisals, merit increases and promotions. Manage career development goals and plans, training, and vacation tracking of direct reports.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 10+ years of experience in the IT industry working with major systems and vendors
• 8+ years of IT experience with significant depth in Infrastructure management
• 5+ years of management experience
• 3+ years of cloud service provider experience
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
• Managed relationship with Managed Service Providers and product vendors.
• Manage partnerships as required to support key technologies and service delivery.
• Project management experience is must.
• Media Entertainment (Media, Film, or TV) or related industry experience is preferred.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $159,300-$214,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Offsite/Home/Remote - WKH-0999