Director, International Sales
Sony PicturesMumbai, India, MH
Full Time Job
Director, International Sales
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
Based in our Mumbai office, this position will be responsible for generating revenue through International theatrical sales and syndication revenue through the sale to networks in India or overseas of all local productions or acquisitions of Sony Pictures Films India.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Heading International Theatrical Distribution and Non-Theatrical Syndication for Sony Pictures across all overseas territories with the core responsibility for expanding the studio footprint for Indian film properties worldwide.
• Create a Pre-launch strategy, revenue projection and implement the same during release for movies.
• Working with Sony Pictures offices in key markets to ensure an effective overseas distribution and showcasing for Indian film properties
• Responsible for international marketing of the movies in conjunction with the domestic marketing teams
• Ensuring timely collection of revenue
• Negotiating intellectual property and financial terms for content syndication, analysing and restructuring the approach in both traditional and non-traditional markets with an aim to maximize revenue potential.
• Building and activating a pan global international film festival and markets calendar - including Cannes and Marche' Du Cannes, Berlin and The European Film Mart, Busan and The Asian Film Market, Hong Kong International Film Festival and The Hong Kong Film Mart, The American Film Market, Shanghai, Osaka, Okinawa etcetera.
• Working on a strong international profiling annual campaign through a specific focus on National and International Awards - including The Academy Awards, The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTAS) and The National Awards.
• Strategizing and central liaising across functions - including marketing, operations, legal and finance.
• Rights Monetization - Leading monetization deals for nontheatrical revenues covering Digital, Satellite, Music, Home video and Ancillary rights
• Being part of the green lighting team to evaluate creative content and responsible for generating sales estimates for theatrical and non-theatrical syndication revenues on the movies.
To be considered for this opportunity you will meet most if not all of the following requirements:
• Minimum degree in business administration or relevant disciplines
• Typically a minimum of 12 years' experience in International theatrical Sales and syndication of Indian movies
• Proven record of delivering value and results to build, organize, create and drive profitability and measurable growth in a dynamic environment.
• Excellent communication skills with good spoken and written English
• Knowledge of the International Film Market place especially of the Film Festival Circuits preferred
• Able to leverage Existing network/ relationships with overseas film buyers
• Well media knowledge especially in digital.
• Well-organized with a good attention to detail and able to multitask.
• Excellent interpersonal communication, a team player and able to get on well with people.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
* Sony Pictures – IND – Mumbai