Director, Global Digital Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Global Digital Marketing
The Digital Creative Marketing Director is responsible for overseeing the strategy and the creative development for the digital movie campaigns for the full lifecycle campaign (theatrical through home entertainment).
This role will direct the development of the digital marketing strategy and activation to bring the campaign to life online. He/She will coordinate and communicate closely across the different departments in the marketing organization to ensure campaign success. This role will work closely with the creative advertising department on creative deliverables as well as the research department, collecting findings from early research efforts and positioning studies. Additionally, this role works closely with the media team for online strategy and media deliverables.
This role will be responsible for the creative production of all digital marketing elements, including Official Movie Websites, Emails, Online AV and Banner Creative, Mobile Apps, Social Media Creative, Stunted Videos and any promotional-based movie games or additional online features.
This position also works closely with the Social Media team to shape the social tone, voice, cadence and strategy for each film campaign. He/She will develop social materials to be posted on Sony Pictures Film Pages and coordinate with the Social team to amplify the content across the Studio Social Pages.
He/She will manage a budget related to the digital marketing basics costs and reflect changes to that budget on a weekly basis.
He/She will work very closely with the creative advertising team to ensure all creative materials have proper creative attributions, calls to action and digital copy.
He/She will help craft the overarching digital marketing deck and materials that will be used internally and for filmmaker meetings.
Finally, he/she will help oversee relationships with our filmmakers and facilitate in the approval process of digital creative elements before they are launched online.
• DIGITAL STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT:
Oversee the development of all digital strategy briefs which lay the framework for the digital and social campaign starting from production through film release
• DIGITAL ASSET PRODUCTION:
Oversee the development of all digital assets working with internal and external teams on the strategy and implementation.
• AGENCY MANAGEMENT:
Act as primary contact with agencies providing feedback to shape campaign creative
• CROSS FUNCTIONAL COLLABORATOR:
Work directly with other marketing departments to ensure consistency in materials and strategies in the campaign.
• FILMMAKER/STAKEHOLDER RELATIONSHIPS:
Oversee the relationship with filmmakers and stakeholders to make sure the work is properly approved, and changes are addressed.
• BUDGET OVERSIGHT:
Responsible for keeping movie campaigns on budget and working directly with finance to fix any budget changes.
, Years of Experience, Specialized Knowledge or Skills Required:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 5-10 years of experience in Digital/Social Media Marketing
and Knowledge in:
• 360 campaign knowledge and experience with developing strategy, social, digital, print, email and AV creative
• Experience managing a creative agency, including crafting creative briefs and giving feedback. Prior agency experience a plus
• Obtains a strong understanding of the social media landscape and tracks the consumer behaviors trends within the landscape
• Proven track record of creating first-to-market digital/social campaigns utilizing new technologies or mediums to connect consumers to brands in meaningful ways
• Understanding of Digital Reporting Tools, Data Insights including Reach/Frequency/Engagement metrics
• A drive to innovate and break the mold with breakout creative campaigns
• Passionate about entertainment and connecting with consumers
• Self-starter with high level of initiative and ability manage multiple campaigns while still possessing an immaculate attention to detail
• Excellent written, oral communication, and effective team building skills
• Passionate, committed with a high level of energy
• Strong sense of ownership and urgency
• Must have an open communication and work collaboratively in a team environment, which takes into account managing expectations with multiple stakeholders
• Strategic critical thinker who can analyze and apply data to improve results
• Excellent organizational skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios