Director, Corporate, Global Financial Operations
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/26/2023 8:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Corporate, Global Financial Operations jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Corporate, Global Financial Operations postings
Full Time Job
Director, Corporate, Global Financial Operations
SPE Finance and Accounting is currently defining its roadmap to transform the organization from a Line of Business and territory orientation to one which is global, enterprise-based, focusing on process improvement, standardization, reducing complexity and efficient use of technology. The global team's objectives are to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the overall team while enhancing the value and accessibility of the data created by the accounting processes which will enable the commercial teams to drive toward greater revenue growth and margin improvements.
The Global Financial Operations (GFO) team is responsible for the delivery of accurate, compliant and timely financial statements and partners with the FP&A/Commercial Finance teams whose focus is to improve revenue and reduce costs as well as forecast performance.
• Responsible for Corporate Shared Services monthly/quarterly close process.
• Responsible for accurate reporting of Corporate Shared Services financials and Corporate Close reporting submissions
• Responsible for the review of complex and material leases and provide guidance on IFRS treatment on those leases
• Responsible for the analysis of judgmental and complex accounting for fringe benefits, accrued vacation reserve, pension and post-retirement benefits
• Ensure that Corporate Shared Services accounting is in accordance with IFRS
• Responsible for ensuring Corporate Shared Services accounting and reporting is accurate and timely
• Responsible for Corporate Shared Services Primary SOX Controls
• Lead and empower the team to Improve the current processes, increase efficiency and accuracy.
• Lead by example to improve the communication and interaction with the OTC, FP&A and SPE Operation teams
• Responsible for overseeing the work of direct reports (managers, seniors, and analysts)
• Create a culture where: (1) constructive challenging of the status quo is both professional and enhances the value of the work product/output, (2) the team is driven to achieve results, (3) the team is open, transparent and inclusive, and (4) mistakes are an acceptable opportunity to learn
• Define, refine and implement all aspects of the ''GFO Model''. This includes active participation in defining the interaction model with FP&A, Capgemini, and the SPE departments as needed; playing an integral role in maintaining a strong control environment; executing on the appropriate reviews and feedback mechanisms;
• Identify and implement opportunities to eliminate low value work and standardize processes which will reduce complexity and enable greater benefits to be derived from technology (RPA, SAP S4/Hana, etc.);
• Foster an environment which embraces change and thrives in dynamic situations which can often have both unclear and uncertain outcomes;
• Champion the concepts of: Eliminate, Standardize, Optimize, Automate, Robotize (ESOAR);
• Strong Accounting experience (Public Accounting experience is a plus), minimum 6+ years
• Experience with complex ERP systems and General Ledger postings (SAP a plus)
• Understanding of Entertainment industry accounting is a plus
• Strong MS Excel skills required (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, VBA Macros, etc.)
• Ability to quickly grasp new concepts and problem solve with reasonable independence
• Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects while working in a cross functional team environment
• Ability to follow-through with co-workers on projects/tasks by setting guidelines, timetables and clear sense of expectations
• Strong level of communication and interpersonal skills working with staff in multiple time zones and countries
• Change agent mindset
• Flexible working hours
• Cultural tolerance
• Empathy and compassion
• BS in AccountancyCPA
The anticipated base salary for this position is $128,100 to $171,300. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01