Director, Casting - Feature Films
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Casting - Feature Films
Support Head of Casting in overseeing all aspects of casting for Columbia Pictures, 3000 Pictures, Tri Star Pictures and Screen Gems.
• Comfortable making casting ideas lists of recommended actors on assigned projects for scripts in development and those in pre-production.
• Reads scripts in development and pre-production to create character breakdowns.
• Collect and keep accurate information regarding talent availabilities on all lists through QWire system.
• Casting liaison on various projects from within all Studio film labels.
• May run point on covering day to day casting for various films.
• Make lists of casting directors to attach to films Studio is putting into production.
• Work with internal legal departments to follow guidelines for casting breakdowns, flyers, notices, etc.
• Track priority projects throughout each label with studio executives.
• Prepare, coordinate and distribute talent and casting director deal memos internally.
• Assist in overseeing local casting directors on projects shooting out of town and ensure we stay within guaranteed weeks.
• Process time sensitive information with ease and confidence and maintain high level of confidentiality.
• Creating and maintaining cast lists for various projects for multiple divisions
• Maintain an established, detailed system for organizing confidential information accessible to the entire department.
• Researching up and coming actors, pulling clips to present to studio executives.
• Distributing documents and managing document flow.
• Preparing lists and materials for both internal and external meetings.
• Assist VP in being the liaison between studio and various casting directors and productions.
• Assist in creating production cast budgets.
• Track billing and credit position for all films in production.
• Review timecards for employed outsourced casting staff.
• Manage the current release schedule and update cast as they are added.
• Ability to assist in running casting sessions.
• Miscellaneous duties as required.
• At least 6 years in casting and 4+ years as an associate casting director or similar casting capacity within a studio. Bachelor's degree.
• Solid knowledge of the film production process.
• Solid knowledge of actors.
• In-depth experience working with Talent (actors, agents).
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Cast It, Breakdown Services, Qwire and iMovie a plus).
• This position requires someone who is very detailed oriented and can work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
• Must be able to initiate tasks and anticipate needs for the department.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to interface with various levels of management, talent and staff.
• Demonstrate ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make preliminary decisions and change course of action quickly.
• Must be up-to-date on popular and current talent and content.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Outstanding communication skills, written and oral.
• Adaptable – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision.
• Dependability, discretion, and attention to detail are required.
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude.
• Understands the global and multicultural audience.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $108,100 to 143,300. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01