Director, Business Relationship Management
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 2:52:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Director, Business Relationship Management jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Business Relationship Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Business Relationship Management? Director, Business Relationship Management (ServiceNow)
Director, Business Relationship Management (ServiceNow)
The Director in the Business Relationship Management group requires a combination of a strong technology background and business acumen to manage relationships between the Corporate business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services through the ServiceNow platform.
The Director is responsible for providing leadership, knowledge and oversight to the ServiceNow team, ensuring team alignment to best practices and business strategy and can lead the ServiceNow team in planning, management and Project delivery of new functionality and releases.
The Director must possess a broad, deep, functional knowledge of the ServiceNow platform, including SecOps, GRC, Incident, Problem, Change, Asset, CMDB, Service Catalog, ITOM, and must have the capability to architect solutions for complex business problems within a major studio. The Director will also need to demonstrate an understanding of the business users represented and will have the ability to describe user requirements to enable system administrators and ServiceNow developers to estimate relative effort and prioritize demand to deliver business functionality.
The Director is actively involved in the overarching platform governance and is responsible to put forward platform recommendations which are in alignment with ITIL best practices and the ServiceNow roadmap.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in Project Management (Scrum and Kanban) and will hold Scrum Maser and ITIL v3 certification.
• Primary liaison between IT and the business defining IT demand and delivering technology to enable and meet business strategy and support day-to-day operations.
• Build relationship as a trusted business partner with key business executives and be focal point for delivery of IT services.
• Owning approved business driven IT programs & projects and management of their respective business cases, ensuring that they deliver business value. Monitoring, and reviewing all project and program economics including costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
• Initiating and facilitating communications between stakeholders, acting as a primary point of contact for defined groups
• Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders. Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
• Leveraging the enterprise's IT organization, infrastructure and technology capabilities to deliver business results
• Managing a team of project managers & business analysts comprised of employees and service providers to drive and own the definition of business requirements
• Managing demand for applications work and prioritizing requests for application enhancements and new development across the business portfolio supported, working with the DCIO/RCIO to manage demand
• Establishing and monitoring the service levels for demand and incident management
• Ensure that all demand from the business enters IT pipeline appropriately and reporting status on that demand back to business constituents
• Articulates the vision and business value of building, supporting, and developing the ServiceNow platform.
• Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of services and measures based on delivery and financial success.
• Establishes project timelines and ensures team resources complete projects on schedule
• Assists in the development of the budget and develops financial forecasts for internal stakeholders.
• Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement.
• 1. Strategic Planning - Participate in business and IT strategic planning; define IT needs of business units; help develop IT strategy and funding plans in alignment with business needs; promote innovative thinking and utilization of IT resources in the business. Understand the workings and strategy of the business as well as current market trends. Understand the strategy and direction of IT within SPE.
• 2. Demand Management – Represents the overall technology solution portfolio for a given business area. Oversees the quality and delivery of IT services in support of business expansion and business operations. Prioritizes requests and secures stakeholder support and funding. Accountable for defining and initiation of projects through green lighting.
• 3. Customer Relationship Management – Manages customer expectations; resolve customer satisfaction issues; train and educate customers on the use of technology; ensure business unit is receiving appropriate and adequate levels of IT services; offer alternate solutions to customer problems (e.g. process changes); communicate IT goals, activities and accomplishments to the business.
• 4. Leadership, Staff Development and Financial Management – Provide direction and coaching to the IT staff. Develop the staff to understand the business as well as the technology. Develop and manage department and project budgets.
• 5. Delivery Oversight – Initiates and provides oversight for application development projects that are delivered on time, within budget and containing the agreed upon functionality. Works closely & collaboratively with ADM and EIS towers to seamlessly insure high quality IT service delivery. Supports the proper implementation of appropriate compliance, security and controls as defined by SPE policy and governance.
Key outputs include:
• Business cases as required to support demand from the business
• Greenlight documents (CBA's/business cases)
• Business insights enabled through IT
• Strategic and cyclical planning and budgeting for application set resource requirements
• Performance reviews
• 5+ years of ServiceNow experience
• Typically, 3+ years experience in managing leadership level business relationships within the entertainment industry
• Proven history of IT management in either application support management or project management, with 8+ years of experience managing technology teams
• Experience as a consultant or facilitator
• Bachelors degree in related field
• ServiceNow and Scrum Master certifications are preferred
• Solid understanding of the day-to-day execution of business processes and related IT tasks
• Knowledge of project and program management fundamentals
• Familiar with the ITIL Framework and demand processes across the IT organization
• Knowledge of enterprise IT Strategy, ITIL, IT Best Practice and Change Delivery
• Strong understanding of multiple software delivery life cycle methodologies
• Strong business domain knowledge and business acumen
• Proven skills in project management and project management oversight.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.