Director, Business Affairs
Sony PicturesMadrid, MD
Full Time Job
Director, Business Affairs
Based in Madrid - Permanent position
Great opportunity for a lawyer to join our team in Madrid. The Business Affairs role will support our Sony Pictures Television Networks business in Iberia, focusing on the day-to-day matters of the business, and working closely with the management of the territory to ensure first-class business affairs support.
The work will involve liaising both with the local team in Production/Finance/Ad Sales/Programming/Tech ops and the Legal team in London and other offices, to provide support for the development of the local business and distribution of the TV channels in Spain, Portugal and Angola.
The role will include negotiating, reviewing and advising on a wide variety of agreements including the following (including where necessary providing advice on commercial and deal structure aspects):
• Carriage (ie licensing the channels to platforms/operators);
• Advertising sales ;
• Marketing and sponsorship ;
• Production commissioning ;
• Interactive/digital/website ;
• Technical/operational eg uplink, transponder capacity, connectivity ;
• IT including software and hardware sales and licensing;
• Format, brand and IPR ;
• Service providers ;
• Miscellaneous other agreements associated with the Networks businesses.
It would also be advantageous to the position for candidates to have experience of the following:
• Music and collecting society issues ;
• Rules and terms and conditions for various promotions, competitions, live events etc;
• Clearance work;
• Presentation of summaries and reports on diverse business affairs matters;
• Regulatory assistance and matters such as filings;
• Liaising with various media associations, attending meetings as required;
• Document management, tracking of contracts;
• Assisting with queries relating to business, regulatory, compliance, finance etc ;
• Providing admin assistance to the local team including filing in a central legal directory, chasing up contracts/outstanding matters where appropriate;
• Undertaking research on Spanish, Portuguese or Angolan legal issues.
We are looking for:
• A hard-working lawyer with a passion for television and media;
• With an University Degree in Law from a recognized university, and at least 3-4 years of media sector experience gained in-house or in a media focused practice;
• Very detail oriented, analytic, organized and committed to provide high-quality work;
• Able to process information and summarize complex matters, including ability to work with numbers and financial documentation;
• Friendly and with an affinity for working collaboratively and learning from others;
• Able to work fluently in both English and Spanish, in a fast-paced environment.
ESP - Madrid - SPTI