Director, Business Affairs - Sony Crackle
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Director, Business Affairs- Sony Crackle
Sony Pictures Television is looking for a talented Director, Business Affairs to provide support to the Studio team at Sony Crackle. The Director will be responsible for negotiating and drafting production agreements with writers, actors, producers, directors, co-production entities and other television-related personnel and service providers. Production types include scripted, non-scripted, gameshow.
The Director, Business Affairs will work with the development, creative, production, finance and legal affairs departments to provide information, business advice and consultation services on a regular basis. This person will be involved in analyzing business and legal issues related to productions, as well as reviewing budgets and other financial information. This position will report into the SVP, Business Affairs and the SVP, Digital Development.
About Sony Crackle
Sony Crackle is the place to escape and recharge, with exclusive Originals, blockbuster movies and hit TV shows for a console-first and connected streaming audience. Sony Pictures Television Networks' free, ad-supported network offers a handpicked, constantly updated programming line-up, like binge-worthy Sony Crackle Originals such as ''The Oath,'' ''Snatch,'' ''StartUp'' and ''SuperMansion,'' as well as movies and series in genres including Drama, Action, Fandom, Comedy and Thriller. The network is all on demand and accessible in the U.S. for free without subscription. Sony Crackle is available in 21 countries on a wide variety of connected devices. For more information, go to our website or follow @SonyCrackle on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for real-time updates.
• Experience with TV, feature and digital deals –
• Writers, Actors, Producers, Directors
• Experience with issues of ownership, participants and backend
• Experience understanding guild issues
• Strong understanding of how shows are financed
• Strong negotiation and organizational skills; drafting is a plus
• Strong organization and follow-through; with eye towards tracking timely payments
• 2 years of experience negotiating talent deals
• 3-5 years of experience in Business and/or Legal Affairs
• Familiarity with production clearance issues
• Familiarity with licensing and acquisition agreements
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Presentation skills
• Professional individual who can build strong relationships both internally and externally; ability to comfortably interact with all levels of employees
• JD preferred
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios