Director, Business Affairs Administration
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/19/2023 4:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Director, Business Affairs Administration jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Director, Business Affairs Administration postings
Full Time Job
Director, Business Affairs Administration
ABOUT SONY PICTURES TELEVISION
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing, distributing and carrying programming worldwide in every genre and for every platform. In addition to managing one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, SPT is home to a thriving global content business, operating 24 wholly-owned or joint-venture production companies in 12 countries, as well as linear and digital channels around the world. SPT is a Sony Pictures Entertainment Company.
The Director, Business Affairs administration will report to the VP Business Affairs Admin. The TV BA Admin team is responsible for highly negotiated deals in compensation process for television overall term deals, above-the-line talent, development, pilot to the wrap of a series, interacting with agents, lawyers and production executives with the creation of and set-up of confidential salary structures. We are seeking a highly organized, go getter with a high attention to detail that works well in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
• Analyze and interpret contract language generated from Business and Legal Affairs and determine what method of payment should be initiated (taxable compensation, guild related, independent contractor, etc.)
• Administer departmental applications (Ariba, Fiori, Docusign, and Sharepoint) for the set-up, processing, and execution of various documents.
• Ensure timely response to all inquiries from negotiators, agents, lawyers, creative personnel, production accountants and production executives.
• Collect all pertinent contractual and payroll documentation and ensure the proper version of the contract is being utilized.
• Manages Director Payments and Credits
• Approve payment schedules of the compensation process for confidentially negotiated multiple layered deals based on episodes produced or, if additional season picked up, for above-the-line talent deals, overall term deals, pilots and series
• Responsible for handling any escalations and/or issues that come up on term deals.
• Fielding phone calls, emails and answering questions from the negotiators, agents, lawyers, creative personnel, production accountants and production executives on status of payments and layout of the payment schedules.
• Minimum 6+ years' experience in TV Business Affairs Administration or Contract Administration
• Proven track record of optimizing systems, processes, roles and responsibilities to improve payment time and increase overall efficiency of the department
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement for the business affairs admin team
• Excellent knowledge of entertainment industry practices, guilds etc.
• Strong client service skills
• Strong organizational and follow-through skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Exceptional in Microsoft office suite
• Experience with Ariba and Fiori
• Preferred: Tableau and Data Manipulation Experience
The anticipated base salary for this position is $105,000 to $139,100. This role may also qualify for annual incentive and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Norman Lear Bldg