Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) seeks a Benefits Director to join our People and Organization (HR) department in Culver City, California. Under the general supervision of the Vice President, Compensation & Benefits, the qualified candidate will help plan, develop and manage cost-effective benefit and wellness programs that support the company's needs and business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees administration of the Company's various employee benefit plans such as health, vision, dental, life and disability, Section 125, deferred compensation, and retirement benefits.
• Oversee and manage all types of Leave of Absences; including Federal, State and Personal working in tandem with disability administrator.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
• Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
• Assist Benefits Analysts where needed in addressing high level issues; escalations; auditing data ensuring processes and policies are followed.
• Maintains and fosters relationships with vendors to ensure timely and accurate services and communications in order to enhance the Company's ability to deliver positive benefit services to our employees.
• Contributes to plan analysis, strategy, design, benchmarking and reporting of benefit programs. This also includes the review of claims experience, utilization trends, program enrollment and the drafting of Executive Dashboards.
• Plans and executes annual open enrollment for relevant benefits, including communications, coordination with internal and external vendors and consultants.
• Provide necessary financial data to assist in preparing budgetary recommendations and presentation materials.
• Achieves financial objectives by reconciling benefits accounts, analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Contributes to the development and evaluation of Request for Proposals (RFPs), from respective program vendors.
• Applies continuous improvement practices by assessing current processes and procedures and providing recommendations for best practice applications.
• Work with People and Organization internal team, Payroll and vendors to ensure employee data integrity is maintained in order to support accurate interfaces.
• Recommend and implement an integrated and comprehensive employee wellness program; including Wellness Workshops and annual Wellness Fair.
• Develops and recommend wellness campaigns and challenges.
• Acts as a wellness champion and plays pivotal role with wellness groups.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
• Bachelor's degree or related discipline
• Minimum of 5-7 years of experience administering benefit programs or generalist work.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate clearly both with the written and spoken word, with ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience or nature of information
• Detailed knowledge of labor laws, business operations and human resources a plus
• Demonstrated technical knowledge of and exposure to design, development and administration of leave and voluntary/work-life benefit programs.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to accomplish positive results
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities with a proven ability to pay close attention to details and show strong initiative
• Able to take initiative, effective at prioritizing multiple projects, comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Proficient in MS Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios