Digital Media Billing Analyst
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Digital Media Billing Analyst
About Crackle and PlayStation
Crackle is a streaming video network for the ''busy professional'' to experience full-length movies, TV shows, and original series -- all uncut, uncensored, and free. It's available on all platforms – online, mobile/tablet and connected TV – so viewers can enjoy premium video programming on the go or at home. Crackle Network is available in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Latin America and Brazil and is part of Sony Pictures Television, one of the industry's leading content providers producing, distributing and delivering programming worldwide in every genre and every platform.
The Digital Media Billing Analyst will play a pivotal role in overseeing the monthly billing reconciliation process for all Crackle owned and operated digital networks, including Playstation Vue, Funimation, and Sony Mobile Games. The role will facilitate reconciliation of digital media buys and ensure invoices are being received, processed and paid within the defined billing terms and conditions. This position is responsible for the day-to-day facilitation of the billing process, coordinating internally with Account Management and Revenue Operation teams and external A/R departments. This position serves as an invoice and centralized billing contact for all media billing to ensure invoices are received, processed and paid in a timely manner.
The role requires an analytical thinker who will take a quantitative approach to solving complex problems. This person should have an understanding of both finance and digital media systems and tools. It is essential that this individual be organized and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills. The ability to calmly and effectively juggle multiple projects at any given time is essential for success in this role.
• Oversee monthly revenue reporting and billing for Crackle O&O ad sales businesses in the US and designated international regions (Crackle Canada/Australia)
• Prepare monthly close reports, including 1st and 3rd party reporting and accruals
• Ensure invoices are properly formatted, logged and submitted to Media team for approval
• Upload 3rd party billable impressions to FreeWheel in a timely manner, in accordance with Finance's invoicing schedule
• Assist Media team on payment and/or invoice inquiries and provide weekly updates on any unresolved billing issues
• Communicate with external A/R departments as well as internal media teams to resolve billing discrepancies
• Work with Account Services team on all invoice design approvals in FreeWheel to ensure that booked revenue reporting is accurate and up-to-date
• Track and review all IOs; notify team of any missing/outdated paperwork or discrepancies between IO and FreeWheel media plan
• Investigate and troubleshoot any discrepancies that arise after invoices are sent to clients
• Pull 3rd party reports as needed for Nielsen, comScore, DFA, Innovid, etc.
• Complete ad hoc analysis as needed
• B.S. in Math, Economics, Accounting, Finance or other relevant discipline
• 3-5 years experience of digital media experience with focus on finance/billing
• Experience with digital advertising platforms and OMS preferred (FreeWheel, DoubleClick, SalesForce, Operative, etc.)
• Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task and manage ongoing projects
• Comfortable and collected in a fast-paced, high pressure workplace with a changing environment and quick turnarounds
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills; comfortable with client and vendor-facing responsibilities
• Interest in improving efficiency and accuracy of reporting and revenue forecasting processes
• Interest with media planning and ad serving systems, financial planning & analysis systems, billing systems, and yield management systems required
• Desire to learn and build ''out of the box'' and sophisticated data, analytic and reporting toolsets, as proactive and reactive solutions to business problems
• Ability to use Excel, including creation of pivot tables
• Understanding of forecasting methodologies and tools
• Solid analytical skills
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Able to adapt, evolve and grow with the business
• Flexible and able to accept/drive innovative solutions
• Ability to develop and implement structured solutions for unstructured problems
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Harry Cohn Bldg