Digital Media Billing Analyst, Crackle Plus
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Digital Media Billing Analyst, Crackle Plus
Digital Media Billing Analyst
The Digital Media Billing Analyst will play a pivotal role in overseeing the monthly billing reconciliation process for all Crackle Plus owned and operated digital networks, along with sales representation of partner properties including Playstation Vue and Funimation. The role will facilitate reconciliation of digital media buys and ensure invoices are being received, processed and paid within the defined billing terms and conditions. This position will share the responsibility for the day-to-day facilitation of the billing process, coordinating internally with Account Management and Revenue Operation teams and Finance, cash and A/R departments.
The role requires an analytical thinker who will take a quantitative approach to solving complex problems. This person should have an understanding of both finance and digital media systems and tools. It is essential that this individual be organized and detail-oriented with strong interpersonal skills. The ability to calmly and effectively juggle multiple projects at any given time is essential for success in this role.
ABOUT CRACKLE PLUS
Crackle Plus is a video-on-demand (VOD) joint venture formed by Sony Pictures Television and Chicken Soup for the Soul Entertainment, Inc. (Nasdaq: CSSE). The company's consumer facing ad-supported VOD (AVOD) channels include Crackle (US and Canada), Popcornflix, Popcornflix Kids, Truli, Popcornflix Comedy, Frightpix, and Espanolflix. Its content library includes over 38,000 hours of programming. It also represents partners PlayStation Vue and Funimation to advertisers, positioning it as one of the largest AVOD offerings in the U.S. This role is subject to the employment terms of Crackle Plus (not Sony Pictures).
• Oversee monthly revenue reporting and billing for Crackle O&O ad sales businesses in the US and designated international regions (tbd).
• Prepare monthly close reports, including 1st and 3rd party reporting and accruals
• Ensure invoices are properly formatted, logged and submitted to Media team for approval
• Upload 3rd party billable impressions to FreeWheel in a timely manner, in accordance with Finance's invoicing schedule
• Assist Media team on payment and/or invoice inquiries and provide weekly updates on any unresolved billing issues
• Communicate with external A/R departments as well as internal media teams to resolve billing discrepancies
• Work with Account Services team on all invoice design approvals in FreeWheel to ensure that booked revenue reporting is accurate and up-to-date
• Track and review all IOs; notify team of any missing/outdated paperwork or discrepancies between IO and FreeWheel media plan
• Investigate and troubleshoot any discrepancies that arise after invoices are sent to clients
• Pull 3rd party reports as needed for Nielsen, comScore, DFA, Innovid, etc.
• Continue to develop and progress the automation of the billing process utilizing the resources and teams available to the role
• Complete ad hoc analysis as needed
• B.S. in Math, Economics, Accounting, Finance or other relevant numbers based discipline
• 1-5 years' experience of digital media experience with focus on finance/billing
• Experience with digital advertising platforms and OMS preferred (FreeWheel, DoubleClick, SalesForce, Operative, etc.)
• Highly organized and detail-oriented; ability to multi-task and manage ongoing projects
• Comfortable and collected in a fast-paced, high pressure workplace with a changing environment and quick turnarounds
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills; comfortable with client and vendor-facing responsibilities
• Interest in improving efficiency and accuracy of reporting and revenue forecasting processes
• Interest with media planning and ad serving systems, financial planning & analysis systems, billing systems, and yield management systems required
• Desire to learn and build ''out of the box'' and sophisticated data, analytic and reporting toolsets, as proactive and reactive solutions to business problems
• Ability to use Excel, including creation of pivot tables
• Understanding of forecasting methodologies and tools
• Solid analytical skills
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Able to adapt, evolve and grow with the business
• Flexible and able to accept/drive innovative solutions
• Ability to develop and implement structured solutions for unstructured problems
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios