Sony PicturesSydney, NS
This was removed by the employer on 9/21/2021 3:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Development Producer jobs in Sydney-NS
Search all Development Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Development Producer?
Full Time Job
Development Producer, Playmaker, Australia
Playmaker, a Sony Pictures Television Production Company based in Sydney, Australia, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Development Producer to join their Creative team.
Creatively led and audience focused, Playmaker has a remit to entertain, intrigue and capture the attention of global audiences through distinct storytelling. This is an important new hire as new Managing Director Jo Porter, reshapes the business.
Together with the Creative Director, you will be part of building and shaping a new slate for the evolution of the business. Offering a pathway to Executive Producing and shepherding projects on the slate. You will be responsible for supervising all creative aspects of assigned projects from Development thru Production and Post-Production to ensure flawless execution of ground-breaking creative work.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Conduct research into viewing trends and commissioner requirements to inform development strategy
• Create and maintain a catalogue of formats that are available for exploitation
• Develop and maintain a pipeline of original script ideas, based on ongoing relationships with prominent writers
• Manage the development of original scripted programme ideas and the development of scripted format adaptations
• Present ideas for scripted projects for approval by senior management
• Pitches new programming to clients and follows up, when requested by senior management
• Manage the process and budget for the translation of scripts, and gather all materials for script-adaptation
• Develop strong contacts within the community of freelance script writers and other content professionals
• Negotiate deals with writers and recruit the workshops that will develop scripts within the Company
• Manage the script development process, including running the room as required and setting out a clear timeline and plan for successful script development
• Responsible for delivering the successful script development according to the agreed timeline
• Develop the staffing plan for the production, including identification of all content staff: the 'content delegate', script writers etc.
• Outline options for choices of key content staff for final approval by senior management
• Provide all costs relating to the production into the budgeting process
• Provide input into the staffing choice in collaboration with senior management
Pre-production, production, post-production
• Develop the creative brief for the project
• Responsible for recruiting and managing the 'content delegate' on each production
• Providing input into the casting process
• Responsible for the oversight of productions from a creative perspective – during pre-production, production and post-production – to ensure the delivery of the creative brief, within the agreed budgetary and quality targets
• Contribute to end-of-production review and complete appraisals for all staff directly or indirectly managed within the production
• Complete all relevant production administration
• Serve as a member of the management team, involving attending weekly production meetings and BA/Operations calls
• Contribute to the general management of the office and support the general well-being and morale of the team and the growth and profitability
• Work with senior management to build and maintain strong diversified client base
• Lead regular meetings to ensure internal departments communicate regularly and with all information needed to deliver Company's goals
• Build a professional, productive, trusting and supportive working relationship with Company personnel
• Maintain and build relationships across Australia's entertainment industry as well as amongst the third-party creative community
• Represent Company in the wider Company community by establishing, building and maintaining active relationships with other leaders in the Company.
• Work with the International Production and Operations teams, support the implementation of corporate policies and procedures within Company as needed.
Candidate Qualifications & Requirements:
This position requires a highly successful, well-connected senior-level media executive who has a proven track record working within a successful media organization and has engaged in big budget television production and rights exploitation.
This individual must possess the following qualities:
• Imaginative and resourceful with ability to establish immediate credibility with others
• Proven hands-on experience working with colleagues in guiding an organization through change in a competitive and fast-moving environment
• Takes the lead on the Company's creative activities, both present and future opportunities, and has a track record of calm, thorough and diligent management of creative aspects of the business
• Ability to communicate in a timely and concise fashion with all partners of a company and proven track record working with a multinational partner
• Experience working with creatively focused colleagues in a high pressure but friendly and informal environment and balancing inspirational demands with practical deliverables
• Clear understanding of new media with a keen sense of how technology is changing the world of content driven assets
• Superior interpersonal skills, consultative and communicative by nature, with the ability to establish relationships with colleagues, both within the company and associated companies, as well as broadcasters and other media organizations
• Gains the trust, respect and cooperation of key associates, and generates a high level of spirit and enthusiasm throughout the organization
• Possesses superior written/oral communications skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner
• Please note that this role is based in Sydney, Australia. To be considered you must have the appropriate immigration permission to work and reside in Australia.
AUS - Sydney - Market Street