Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Data Manager (Consumer Strategy)
Data Manager (Consumer Strategy)
What will be your mission?
At Sony Pictures, our mission is to connect relevant movie and TV series content to consumers and audiences across transactional, subscription and linear viewing platforms. We're building data products, visualization tools and insights platforms that will predict audience preferences and behavior for library and new releases to drive growth of engagement and consumption of Sony produced content. You will be reporting to the Executive Director of Data Management. Sony produces franchise brands, such as Spiderman, Men in Black and Jumanji, through to TV franchises such as Breaking Bad, Blacklist and Better Call Saul.
Our Data team is responsible for aggregating millions of consumer data points to build best in class predictive models, consumer trends systems, recommendation engines and more!
This position is responsible for developing and supporting new and existing datasets and partnering with IT to deliver ETL scripts to support operational reporting, management decision support, and advanced analytics.
Who are you?
You have a strong commercial analytical background and technical skills in data querying and transformation. You believe that data profiling, quality management, data integration across disparate data sets are foundational in enabling and driving a culture where data is democratized, accessible and easily interpreted for Sony Pictures to be a consumer-centric data driven organization.
You will work in the Data Management team within the business and leverage your analytical skills (across sales, consumers) to profile, UAT, develop and manage usage of Sony data licenses in cloud-based data platforms and sandboxes.
You care about data quality, consistency, integration, connectivity across big data sets. You will work with our data science team, our IT team, our strategic analysts and our diverse users across the business. You will co-manage data sets spanning from data ingestion to end-user lifecycle: Profile, ingest, connect, features engineering, prepare, store and disseminate data.
You are data curious and business savvy with a strong background and demonstrated ability to navigate and analyze large and diverse data sets and be able to structure data so that it is meaningful and compelling.
What will you be doing?
Work closely with consumer / audience analytics teams and technology partners
to understand business requirements - translate and use complex data sources that needs to be blended, cleaned, structured, and enriched into a desired output for analysis and modelling.
Conduct data lifecycle activities: problem identification, hypothesis definition, data integration, data profiling, prototyping and experimentation, data schema design, development, testing and deployment.
Conduct a broad range of analytics, tuning SQL codes, data management and optimization functions including development, scheduling, job optimization, version control management, data quality management, and issue resolution.
Using SQL, aggregate data and build attributes to be utilized for data warehouses /repositories / big data platforms, self-service reporting solutions, scorecards and dashboards on user-level audience and consumer data using analytical and visualization tools.
Using workflow management platforms, partner with IT and Data Science to schedule, optimize various ETL scripts and improve data operational processes.
Support User Acceptance Testing to ingest new data sets and migrate data sets to cloud platforms for data sandboxes
Evaluate and test new software
Troubleshoot and resolve data discrepancies, perform quality audits, identify data gaps / anomalies, conduct root cause analysis with recommended solutions, and track error resolution through completion
Develop custom datasets and execute data extract queries to support ad hoc analyses and data science initiatives
Create documentation and logs for new and existing data sources including: drafting data dictionaries, providing data field definitions, developing common business data language, data nuances, data summaries and tracking aggregate tables and features engineering calculations
Present and communicate data summaries and presentations with the goal of data education.
Design and develop report prototypes
• Advanced SQL, ETL Experience and/or Python scripting experience (Nice to have but not necessary)
• Hands-on experience with Teradata and Oracle database platforms and tools to analyze them (SQL Assistant, SQL Developer, etc.)
• Experience in cloud data warehouses such as AWS, and Snowflake.
• Extensive experience extracting data and structuring data from APIs
• Understand file constructs such Json, xml, flat files (CSV text files)
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft data analysis tools such as Excel and Access and data visualization tools such as Tableau and Periscope
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer-related degree
• 3+ years of experience with data warehousing and business intelligence
• 3+ years of experience with all phases of a software development lifecycle
• 3+ years working as a Business Analyst or Data Analyst for a medium to large scale company (Retail, Distribution, Marketing and Consumer analytics)
• 2-5 years of experience developing API connections and data integrations across pipelines and cloud data sources, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Ads Data Hub (ADH) and Snowflake
• 2+ years of data engineering experience to build optimal Data Science environments (connections to data sources and creating Data Science Pipelines)
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to deliver in a fast-paced and goals-based environment
• Experience working in an Agile team environment
• Skilled in collaboration, enjoys working with others and achieving results as a team
• Passion and demonstrated experience in delivering results and meeting business goals in a matrix and cross functional environment
• Prior experience working with centralized infrastructure teams for data architecture and database platform support
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building