Creative Development Consultant
Sony PicturesMumbai, MH
Full Time Job
Creative Development Consultant, South India
Sony Pictures Entertainment is a leading creator and distributor of entertainment products, services and technology. Our global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution, television production, programming and syndication, home video acquisitions and distribution, operation of studio facilities, development of new entertainment technologies and distribution of filmed entertainment in over 70 countries.
Based in our Mumbai office, the Creative Development Consultant will be responsible for developing and supervising projects for Sony Pictures Feature Films India in southern languages.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• To develop and supervise projects for feature films in southern languages, with comprehensive expertise of Telugu and Tamil cinema.
• Developing long format content/ features from inception to release.
• Formulating portfolio strategy including selection of contents / talents / partners.
• Building strong supportive working relationships with directors, writers, managers, acting talents, musicians.
• Creating opportunities for emerging talents and scouting talents on the verge of a breakout. Staying abreast of the emerging talents and pro-actively sourcing talents and building strategic relationships with them.
• Engaging in active networking and liaising with existing and emerging creative talents.
• Working through all creative and logistical problems with the creators and production teams.
• Working with the business affairs / commercial / legal counterpart in negotiating contracts and commercials with production companies, partners, talents, agencies on behalf of the studio.
• Working with legal on securing the necessary rights, selecting the screenwriter and story editing team, and supervising the development process.
• Monitoring and tracking all projects in the system and new projects available in the market.
• Implementing and working on the system that is put in place by the Creative Head supervisor to ensure the development funnel is moving.
• Sourcing potential remake opportunities for Hindi films.
• Working with the production, marketing and sales team to ensure the campaign deliverables.
• Working with production to be able to put together budgets and provide comparisons for similar films.
• Implementing a structured system of accepting, tracking, evaluating and responding to all projects.
• Basic graduate qualification with typically a minimum of 6 years' experience in media - film and television in the South of India.
• Background in developing content and as a supervising producer on studio films and co-productions.
• Language proficiency – Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada preferred.
• On set experience will be an advantage
• Ability to handle multiple projects in development at various stages of pre-production with maturity and track record of good talent relationships in the industry
• Comfortable with digital and analogue filmmaking and with animation and long and short formats
• Detail-oriented with a proven ability to prioritize and able to multi-task.
• Well-organized and good at creating workflows and systems.
• Deft communication skills to balance the relationship between the studio and the talents
• Strong creative sense to evaluate projects and ensure that there are no cost over runs.
• Friendly and outgoing with excellent interpersonal communication. A team player and able to get on well with people.
• Able to work collaboratively and lead teams toward a shared vision.
• Consensus builder who can also respectfully challenge assumptions.
• Self-starter who can chart a path and follow through without supervision.
• Comfortable with ambiguity and a frequently changing landscape.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures and to ensuring that no worker or potential worker will receive less favourable treatment due to any characteristic protected under applicable local laws.
IND - Mumbai - SPIP