Counsel, Ww Motion Picture Marketing & Distribution
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Counsel, WW Motion Picture Marketing & Distribution
Sony Pictures Entertainment is seeking a full time attorney with 3-5 years' experience for its Worldwide Theatrical Marketing & Distribution division. The attorney will provide legal advice to the theatrical marketing team in the areas of intellectual property, licensing, privacy, social media, social events, motion picture production, marketing, and advertising, as well as draft and negotiate licenses, promotion agreements, vendor agreements and other services agreements as needed.
• Relevant experience of at least 3-5 years at a respected law firm or an in-house environment advising and counseling companies in the above listed areas of law and providing practical legal risk assessment;
• Experienced with intellectual property matters including copyright , trademark, chain of title and personal rights;
• Experienced in advertising and marketing law, including FTC guidelines and regulations;
• Experienced negotiating and drafting complex transactions, including media deals, services, and vendor agreements;
• Skilled in sweepstakes/contests and other sponsorship and promotional activities;
• Knowledgeable in film and television production and related entertainment matters including guild and union agreements ;
• Experienced in handling global internet /social media advertising, legal regulatory and policy matters, including experience with the relevant governmental agencies and trade associations;
• Knowledgeable in worldwide privacy and privacy related issues;
• Knowledgeable in COPPA and CARU;
• Familiar with FCC and mobile marketing issues;
• Strong understanding of motion picture, television, and ancillary content production and distribution business;
• Skilled in complex negotiations and handling conflict resolution, team player in corporate environment;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make sound business and legal decisions under tight deadlines;
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects or project components with minimal supervision;
• Sound business insight, excellent analytical problem-resolution skills;
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, exceptional judgment;
• Current active member of a state bar, preferably California;
• International legal experience preferred;
• Ability and desire to think strategically and outside the box.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios