Corporate Reporting Manager
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Corporate Reporting Manager
The Corporate Reporting Manager will be responsible for providing project support to SPE's Corporate Financial Reporting team. This role will assist with the monthly consolidation and reporting of SPE's financial results (Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and management reporting. This role will also work in collaboration with SPE's Corporate functional support teams, as well as Divisional finance teams to provide technical support for critical project initiatives; including the implementation of SAP 4 HANA, BPC/BW 4 HANA, and the transition of SPE's basis of financial reporting from US GAAP to IFRS.
to include, but not limited to:
Assist with financial reporting projects. Example activities include:
• Support IFRS transition activities, in coordination with SPE personnel. Including; maintain and reconcile dual reporting ledgers for US GAAP and IFRS, design and implement templates to track IFRS adjustments and perform technical accounting research.
• S/4 HANA data analysis and reconciliation to support direct cash flow reporting, in coordination with SPE IT and divisional financial reporting teams.
Assist with the implementation of BPC 11.0 (SAP Consolidation System) embedded in BW/4 HANA (SAP Business Warehouse). Example activities include:
• Development and testing of various BPC/BW system functionalities and reports.
• Preparation of reconciliation schedules to enable the identification and resolution of variances that may occur between the current and future systems.
• Design and implementation of future state system and business process changes, to facilitate and streamline consolidated financial reporting.
Assist with various other consolidated financial reporting requests. Example activities include:
• Coordinate/communicate project updates between senior management and other key stakeholders.
• Prepare financial and supplemental schedules to facilitate management reporting.
• Prepare financial disclosure schedules.
• Coordinate documentation requests with internal and external audit/compliance teams.
• Assist with the maintenance of SPE's chart of accounts and profit center/segment reporting hierarchies.
Support various ad-hoc special financial reporting projects, as needed.
• Understanding of the financial reporting process and experience with financial statement analysis
• SAP knowledge
• Detail oriented, with excellent analytical and project management, organizational, decision-making and problem-solving skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet all deadlines
• Advanced Excel proficiency, including; the ability to structure complex queries, comfortable working with large volumes of data to perform analysis and reconciliations, knowledge of advanced excel functionality (VLOOKUP, Power Pivots, VBA Macros, etc.)
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivated, team player.
Preferred, not required:
• BPC/BW and/or consolidation systems knowledge
• S/4 HANA
• Entertainment experience
• Public Accounting experience
• Exposure to Agile/Scrum
• B.S./B.A. – Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics
• C.P.A. (or equivalent) is preferred, not required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios