Corporate Legal Manager
Sony PicturesTokyo, TY
This was removed by the employer on 8/3/2020 5:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Corporate Legal Manager jobs in Tokyo-TY
Search all Corporate Legal Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Corporate Legal Manager? Corporate Legal Manager
Based in Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan's offices in Tokyo, the successful candidate will be responsible for transactional, commercial and corporate legal matters for Sony Pictures Entertainment Japan. The successful candidate would be a part of the Sony Pictures Corporate Legal Department, advising and working closely with Sony Pictures' senior management in Japan and Los Angeles. Responsibilities will include providing advice and drafting and negotiating agreements for content distribution in all forms of media, including digital and television, theatrical and home entertainment, content acquisition, marketing campaigns, right clearance, television network operations, production joint venture and production deals. Additional responsibilities will include advising executives on anti-trust issues, legal compliance issues, privacy issues, vendor assessment, and general corporate matters including corporate maintenance of subsidiaries. The staff member will report to Executive Director, Legal and will also work closely with attorneys in Sony Pictures' other offices, including other attorneys in Sony Pictures' Corporate Legal, Motion Picture Marketing, Television Production, Music Legal and Business Affairs, Intellectual Property, Content Protection, Litigation, Compliance, Employment Law and Government Affairs Departments and with Sony Corporation's Global Tax Organization.
• Must have excellent negotiating and drafting skills
• Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word
• Must be creative, analytical, assertive, detail-oriented, and able to accommodate tight deadlines
• Must be self motivated and a self starter
• Excellent Japanese and English communication skills (both written and verbal), as well as proven ability to work with creative and corporate personnel and explain legal requirements and concerns in layman's terms
• Law degree from top tier Japanese university
• J.D., LLM or equivalent from a Japanese or U.S. law school preferred
• Minimum of 4 to 5 years of transactional experience in a major law firm or in-house legal department
• Must have knowledge of general corporate legal issues and experience in commercial and transactional matters
• Experience in compliance area, studio or other entertainment industry experience preferred (in particular in the television or digital network business)
JPN - Tokyo - New Pier Takeshiba North Tower This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.