Coordinator, People & Organization
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
COORDINATOR, PEOPLE & ORGANIZATION, STRATEGIC (CORPORATE) FUNCTIONS AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONS & POLICY
The People & Organization Coordinator supporting the Strategic (Corporate) Functions Business Partner team and Employee Relations & Policy team is a significant contributor to key functions within the P&O (Human Resources) department and our corporate and production employees' experience.
The P&O Coordinator is responsible for day-to-day support of the P&O Business Partners across specific business groups (including Corporate Communications, Entertainment, Innovation, & Technology, Facilities, Finance, Government Relations, Information Security, IT, Legal, Procurement, and Safety, Security & Sustainability) and the Employee Relations & Policy team, which services the Corporate, Motion Picture, and Television business groups, including film and TV productions.
This position reports to the SVP, People & Organization who is the head P&O Business Partner for the Strategic (Corporate) Functions and who supervises the Employee Relations & Policy and U.S.-Immigration functions across the studio.
The ideal individual will be proactive and anticipatory in approach, possess excellent judgment in a variety of situations, demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills, have a high attention to detail, exemplify an energetic, poised, and positive demeanor, and demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities and work well in a diverse, fast-paced, team environment. As a representative of P&O, the successful candidate must also maintain the highest level of confidentiality and diplomacy regarding all matters.
• Process employee lifecycle HR transactions, including those related to hiring, employee data changes, compensation, and separation.
• Assist with reporting on annual cyclical processes, such as talent planning and compensation planning, and provide additional ad hoc reporting support to gather and analyze data (e.g., compensation, headcount, contract end dates, anniversary and pulse surveys).
• Create and/or edit letters, PowerPoint presentations, and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
• Create new organizational charts and maintain existing organizational charts using Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint.
• Maintain SharePoint sites.
• Maintain Employee Relations case management system and assist with intake for new Employee Relations matters.
• Build and verify distribution lists for internal communications.
• Coordinate and organize employee trainings and other initiatives.
• Maintain comprehensive knowledge of HR systems, programs, plans, policies, and processes.
• Participate in and contribute to the proactive review and implementation of process improvements within P&O.
• Partner with HRIS on supporting tools/systems and troubleshooting issues.
• Manage SVP, P&O's calendar and monitor office phone.
• Process invoices, track expenses and book travel as needed.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Apply curiosity and proactively seek to learn about Sony Pictures, the HR function, and the role HR plays at Sony Pictures.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience with an interest in an HR career path
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Intermediate (at a minimum) knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Basic project management skills
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful, and flexible
• Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Strong ethics and integrity, including the ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and handle sensitive information and materials
• High comfort level in a fast-paced, creative work environment
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a related field
• At least 1 to 3 years as a HR Coordinator or HR Assistant
• Knowledge of HR processes and data, and experience with HR systems
• Experience with Workday, SharePoint, and Visio
• Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, including the ability to navigate complicated spreadsheets with a high degree of accuracy
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios