Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/3/2020 12:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Controller jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Controller postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Controller? Controller - Funimation
Funimation is looking for a Controller to join our team. The Controller will oversee and lead the accounting team and provide financial leadership across our business. The ideal candidate will leverage their deep experience in senior accounting roles. The candidate will have a strong feel for accounting process improvement and be able to manage reporting in a fast scaling business. The Controller will report to the Funimation CFO.
• Manage all accounting operations, including cash, billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, inventory accounting, and revenue recognition
• Oversee and direct all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, ensuring timely, accurate, and reliable information
• Lead the preparation of consolidated financial statements for Funimation and all international companies with multiple levels of consolidation, internal reporting and external reporting to our parent company (SPE)
• Review, analyze, and improve standard monthly reporting (revenue and cost variance analysis)
• Manage regular financial review meetings and management meetings
• Evaluate existing and new accounting rules and recommend appropriate actions and/or procedures
• Manage and lead all compliance controls ensuring execution and completion in accordance with Funimation and SPE policies
• Maintain documented system of accounting policies and operations
• Lead initiatives & ad hoc accounting projects to constantly improve process & productivity - adding more value to the business, reducing redundancy, inefficiencies & creating more opportunities to scale up
• Coordinate the preparation of the support needed relating to national and international government tax and regulatory reporting
• Create a high performance and engaged team, attracting and developing talent to increase the overall financial capability of the accounting staff by providing supervision and coaching
• Minimum 10 years' accounting experience, with 5+ years as a senior level accounting or finance manager
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or a related field
• Exceptional understanding of GAAP and IFRS
• Experience in entertainment, digital media, or technology is a plus
• CPA or public accounting experience is a plus
• Experience working with NetSuite implementation & accounting system is a plus
• Global mind-set: thinking and acting for both local and global needs
• Proven excellent leadership skills, with the ability to influence also in positions of no direct authority and across international teams
• Ability to work with others: You have excellent interpersonal skills. You're a good listener. You place the success of the company ahead of any particular idea
• Highly articulate and an excellent communicator, with strong influencing skills and the ability to communicate well with peers and senior executives, locally and in different regions
• Work ethic: You do what it takes to make a project go well. You are equally comfortable taking personal ownership for a task as delegating it
• Excellent people management skills and experience of managing teams, preferably through a period of change
• Creativity: You love to solve problems large and small
• Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Funimation offers competitive compensation along with a comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, short & long-term disability, 401(k) with a generous company match, ongoing employee development.
Funimation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
*Funimation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
. *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.