Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The Contracts Specialist (CS) will be part of the Procurement Contracts Management team at Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. . The CS supports the Procurement Team that is responsible for contracts management and procurement administration for the purchase of goods and services. The purchases for goods and services includes but are not limited to: IT, Facilities, Corporate Administration, Human Resources, Consulting, Marketing & Publicity, and Production and Postproduction. The CS will coordinate with SPE's vendors, SPE internal clients (SPE clients), and our internal partners such as Legal, Information Security, Data Privacy Compliance, and Risk Management in completing required purchase activities in accordance with SPE policy.
• Prepare low to high-risk procurement contract transactions, including drafting, review, redline, and management of vendor agreements, amendments and other purchasing documentation for procurement related activities.
• Prepare and disseminate information to SPE clients and stakeholders regarding contract and deal status.
• Provide expertise in contracts management policy and best practices for contracts, negotiation, and compliance processes.
• Review vendor engagements in conjunction with SPE's Data Privacy and Information Security requirements to identify terms and conditions that present risk to SPE clients in a clear, concise manner.
• Understand and negotiate business specific legal terms and conditions and explain them to SPE clients in an easy-to-understand manner.
• Help answer questions from clients about interpretation of terms and conditions of contracts and advise SPE clients on Procurement's policies surrounding the contract process and compliance requirements.
• Interact with Legal, Data Privacy Compliance, Risk Management, and other internal departments to analyze contracts and develop language to minimize risk exposure where needed.
• Support the development and preparation of bid documents, including contract terms and conditions and requirements related to special procurement and contract needs.
• Support and assist with the development of Request for Proposals (RFPs) and bid responses in relation to contract terms and conditions.
• Complete administrative tasks using Procurement tools and systems.
• Assist in obtaining Vendor onboarding information and participate in periodic User Acceptance Testing.
• Review and approve purchase orders to ensure compliancy with Corporate policies.
• Build and maintain internal and external relationships.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management.
• Able to adapt to a changing work environment and be flexible in approach.
• At least 2-3 years' experience with contract drafting, subscription management and negotiation
• Paralegal Certificate or BS/BA preferred; JD's will be considered
• Awareness of general Procurement/Sourcing process for purchase of goods/services
• General knowledge of entertainment industry is a plus
• Understanding of the general role of procurement
• Strong working proficiency of MS Word, especially in redlining and comparing documents
• Comfort with using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint to compile and present data from procurement activities
• Ability to manage and organize a variety of tasks, evaluate alternatives quickly, meet deadlines, provide meaningful and prudent assistance, and support to SPE clients will be more heavily valued
• Working knowledge of the following applications (or similar) is a plus: Ariba, Novatus, FileMaker Pro, MS Outlook, Adobe Professional, Adobe echoSign, SharePoint, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
• Fluency in English required; Spanish proficiency is a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios