Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Contract Administrator- MPG
The Contract Administrator will support the legal department in the Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions division of Sony Pictures Entertainment in the acquisition and exploitation of feature films for domestic and international theatrical and home entertainment releases. The position requires an individual who is detail oriented, has exceptional reading and analytical skills, is able to work independently on multiple projects, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision while also having a ''team'' approach, can effectively collaborate with colleagues and communicate effectively with all levels of management, as well as outside legal counsel and producers.
• Manage all aspects of legal delivery for motion pictures and similar projects, as well as coordinate delivery materials to Marketing, Risk Management, Residuals, and Physical Delivery departments.
• Review and analyze chain of title documents to confirm necessary transfer of rights for applicable exploitation. As necessary, prepare written analysis to identify issues.
• Review and analyze music agreements, including composer agreements, recording/master use and synchronization/performance licenses, and cue sheets to ensure proper compliance with Sony music requirements for relevant exploitation.
• Review and interpret talent contracts (actor, director, producer, etc.) and related documents to ensure compliance with credit obligations for use in marketing materials and other uses and other ongoing legal obligations.
• Review E&O policies and certificates and coordinate with Risk Management department to ensure compliance with Sony's insurance requirements (including proper coverage for music, title, clips, distribution in all media and appropriate policy coverage minimums) for each title.
• Review and advise on copyright registrations and UCC reports.
• Review and analyze stock footage and clip licenses, and other documentation to identify clearance issues, including product placement, trademark and copyright matters.
• Advise creative executives and marketing personnel regarding legal rights and contractual obligations.
• Review and analyze promotional, marketing and merchandising materials to ensure compliance with talent and other contractual obligations and restrictions.
• Work effectively with outside attorneys and producers to address all delivery matters.
• Candidates must have a minimum of three years' experience in feature film legal delivery (studio, in-house film production company, or law firm).
• Exceptional organizational skills, ability to manage and prioritize heavy workload, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Outstanding speaking and written communication skills.
• Ability to use work independently, as well as part of a team across all departments.
• Familiarity with intellectual property law (copyright and trademark).
• Familiarity with guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, DGA and WGA).
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Outlook, Teams), database and file management (iManage Work, SharePoint), and time management.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios