Content Manager, Creative Ctr - Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy!
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/4/2021 10:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Content Manager, Creative Ctr - Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy! jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Content Manager, Creative Ctr - Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy! postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Content Manager, Creative Ctr - Wheel Of Fortune & Jeopardy!? Content Manager, Creative Ctr - Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy!
The Sony Pictures Television Creative Center is looking for a Content Manager to program, write and edit WheelofFortune.com and Jeopardy.com. Working in lock step with brand Content Director, Managing Editor, Growth & Insights Editor and Social Media/ Community Manager, the Content Manager plays a vital role in executing the content strategy surrounding the Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! brands, show and talent while fostering conversations and engaging with existing audiences and fans and discovering new ones. This position reports into the VP Social/ Editorial.
Part writer/ editor and part web producer, you'll maintain WheelofFortune.com and Jeopardy.com in adherence to the master editorial calendar, ensuring that homepage modules, carousels, skins, graphics, videos, sweepstakes and marketing campaigns are programmed on schedule, using news judgement and metrics to decide story placement. You'll participate in daily content meetings and brainstorms, pitching timely story ideas that utilize episodes, talent and other interesting hooks within the Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! universe. When news breaks or an episode/ contestant moment has the ability to go viral, you'll work closely with the Social Media/ Community Manager to ensure you're capturing what you need on set while quickly and skillfully crafting relevant multimedia storytelling that is directed to the right audience on the right platform at the right time. You'll get lost in the show archives concepting new and exciting ways to introduce library content to new audiences, making it relevant for the internet in 2021.
The ideal candidate has experience writing, editing and posting entertainment news stories within a digital newsroom ecosystem, is a curious reporter and passionate storyteller who has a proven track record of driving traffic and engagement and is an innovative thinker who generates new ideas and conceptualizes fresh ways to package content. The Content Manager is experienced with interviewing and working with talent in high profile situations, comfortable loading stories into a CMS and is a strategic thinker who considers data and audience before making editorial decisions.
You are comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment within a nuanced corporate legacy business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Brainstorm and execute engagement and audience-building multimedia content concepts for WheelofFortune.com and Jeopardy.com.
• Write and edit stories, produce photo galleries and interview talent and contestants.
• Program, schedule and curate home page modules, carousels, section pages and skins based on defined calendar, insights and your own judgement.
• Work with Content Director to write daily, weekly, monthly promotional newsletters.
• Load, post and schedule stories, sweepstakes and marketing and sales campaigns into the site CMS.
• Coordinate with Social Media/ Community Manager on all multi-platform story promotion.
• Assist Social Media/ Community Manager with on-set talent and contestant capture when necessary.
• Work with Managing Editor to liaise with Creative Center and coordinate the forward-planning and pipeline of all graphics, photo and video needs for WheelofFortune.com and Jeopardy.com.
• 80% storymaking (seeing content ideas through from idea to execution)
• 20% operations
Work Experience Requirements
• 3+ years of journalism/ content creation experience within an editorial publication/ newsroom - the bulk of them digital.
• Deep knowledge of CMS, SEO, Google Analytics and social platforms.
• Experience interviewing/ working directly with talent, talent-representation and being on shoots, sets and red carpets. Is comfortable and able to act as a representative of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! in high-profile entertainment settings.
• A track record of creating multi-platform digital content that is shared, consumed and enjoyed.
• Has worked on a digital product/ vertical launch team.
• Experience writing/ producing content on deadline for a highly-trafficked news/ entertainment website.
• Strong news judgement and knowledge of current events and how they relate to Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!.
Ability to work flexible hours.
Digital newsroom/ journalism experience a must.
Attention to detail a must.
Entertainment journalism experience a plus.
Knowledgeable about performance marketing.
Strong communication and grammar skills (written and verbal), time management, anticipatory nature, relishes teamwork, proactive problem solving skills, critical and strategic thinker, leadership acumen, innovator, strong ability to multi-task, pivot, agile, prioritize effectively and delegate as necessary.
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual you have a finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. You are passionate about storymaking, strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. You are a skilled storymaker at heart. You are able to move our business forward through strategic creative and are interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with fans from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage and sustain new audiences and fandoms. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.