Content & Development, Director
Sony PicturesBogota, Colombia, DC
This was removed by the employer on 9/30/2021 5:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Content & Development, Director jobs in Bogota, Colombia-DC
Search all Content & Development, Director postings
Full Time Job
Content & Development, Director
As part of SPT International Production's worldwide network of television production companies, SPT Production, Latin America & US Hispanic develops, produces and coproduces scripted and non-scripted, Spanish language programming for cable and broadcast clients in the US Hispanic and Latin American markets. With 3 offices serving the region in Mexico, Bogota and Miami, SPT offers a variety of flexible content and business models to its clients. From the Miami office, SPT Production, produces and coproduces scripted Spanish language programming for free TV networks in the region, pan-regional cable channels as well as OTT platforms.
General Summary of the position:
He/she is responsible for the development process of all shows produced in Colombia (from searching content to final delivery of scripts).
• Supports the VP of Development in the search and selection of new content.
• Identify IP & engage writers to develop that IP for daily series in Colombia; guiding those writers to deliver high quality, relevant development materials.
• Responsible for conceptualizing the pitches and presentations to customers in Colombia.
• Leads the development process (scripts, synopsis, mapa de ruta, etc) of all shows made in Colombia. The process includes:
• Recommends teams of scriptwriters for each of the projects and participates in the selection.
• Manages relationship with scriptwriters.
• Develops the scheduling of the scripts together with the scriptwriters.
• Leads meetings with scriptwriters and VP of Development to discuss content.
• Responsible for gathering and synthesizing internal and customer´s comments.
• Assures timely approval of scripts as well as achieving production parameters.
• Supports VP of Development in the selection of all key elements related to the quality of the show: key casting roles, Art, locations, music, graphics, special effects, etc…
• Ensures that the productions stay aligned to the original creative idea.
• Responsible of visualizing the first versions of edited episodes to ensure coherence, continuity and quality of all projects under production
• Manages relationship with ''Legal department'' and ''Investigation Team'' in all matters related to content
• Leads and develops creative seminars in Colombia.
• Conceptualize and oversee creation of pitch material.
• Skills and Qualifications
• Development experience in the Latin America (Colombia) and US Hispanic markets.
• Writing skills will be considered as a plus.
• Involvement in all aspects of content; concept creation, strategy development, team selection, airing initiatives, production support and budgetary knowledge.
• Able to manage simultaneous projects in different stages.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work within strict deadline environment.
• People management skills that can handle complex internal organizations with a mix of creative, analytical and show-biz personalities.
• A customer-focused content developer with a thorough understanding of Sony's multiple audience dynamics.
• Minimum 5-7 years' experience of entertainment experience is required
• Bachelor's Degree is required
• Master's Degree is preferred (concentration in Communications, Production, or Entertainment)
COL - Bogota - Calle 79