Consumer & Data Insights Manager
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Consumer & Data Insights Manager (12 month FTC)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment worldwide vision and values:
'To be a world class distributor of compelling entertainment. To excite and engage our customers, consumers and employees.'
Our London office has an exciting opportunity for a Consumer and Data Insights Manager to join their Commercial Planning team on a 12 month fixed term basis.
Commercial Planning is the team within the Commercial function which in tandem with Consumer Insights and Business Planning acts as the driving force behind Customer and Commercial Insights and Insight Led selling.
The team remit includes Customer level strategic business planning, market trend analysis and prediction (as it relates to retailers), business growth and optimisation and performance reporting and analytics'.
Core Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
35% - Business Performance Analysis
• Collate, maintain and examine market sales data
• Collate, maintain and examine retail data
• Provide clear, understandable and meaningful insights & reporting to the business to drive the Commercial team in making informed decisions – making your own recommendations about business development or growth opportunities.
• Responsible for weekly UK market performance reporting at a market level in order to benchmark performance; should cover New Release, Catalogue and Phys/Digital for Sony and Competitors.
• Report to the business on New Release performance by building account level bottom up forecasts after release
10% - Consumer Research
• Work closely with the cross functional research team to conduct consumer research projects. Apply the learnings from these projects to our home entertainment retailers, creating strategies and insight led sell in stories
• Support in liaising with contracted research agencies to support and drive insight led projects and strategy
55% - Customer and consumer level Strategic Business Planning
• Support NAMs with ad hoc account level requests and promotional analysis
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to put together a strategy for the titles releasing in each quarter. Work with NAMs to collate and present these product and promotional plans to key retailers
• Assist NAMs with preparation and presentation of Quarterly product presentations which help deliver SPHE objectives
• Collaborate with Account Managers to set up insight led selling and Joint Business Plans with relevant and appropriate objectives that stretch and drive the Sony business
• Support NAMs in providing estimates for the TMP and Cat Tracker
• Support Commercial Team in terms negotiations by modelling scenarios and testing the impact of potential variables
• Support marketing team with ad hoc requests to support SPHEs wider strategy around the consumer
• Support Finance team with account level data that feeds the budget process and assist with ongoing budget tracking
• Support Finance team with month end revenue booking, creating retailer accruals and providing up to date data on retailer's sales and stock on hand
and/or Experience Required
To be considered for this role, you will typically have 3-5 years' previous experience within and specific knowledge of the Home Entertainment industry – ideally across both physical and digital.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Specific knowledge of and experience with the Home Entertainment industry – physical and/or digital, ideally both
• An interest in Film and a wide product knowledge desirable
• Demonstrable examples of contributing to successful account growth
• A high standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong relationships, internally and with customers.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Accurate forecasting and modeling skills
• Must have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience with Business Objects desirable
• Experience with Tableau desirable
• Fluent in English
• Strong capability for planning & analysis allied to the account strategy
• Must be able to cope with very large data sets, and narrow down to salient points
• Needs to be able to demonstrate high degree of logic and method to work
• Action Orientated – Enjoys working hard; is action orientated and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of action with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunity than others
• Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
• Negotiating – Can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing
• Presentation Skills – Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both raw data and controversial broader topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working
• Planning – Accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks and projects; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into the process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
• Drive for results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results
• Learning on the fly – Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
• Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner
• Comfort Around Higher Management – Can deal comfortably with more senior managers; can present to more senior managers without undue tension and nervousness; understands how senior managers think and work; can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs; can craft approaches likely to be seen as appropriate and positive.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to their race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London