Sony PicturesVancouver, BC
This was removed by the employer on 8/15/2022 11:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Compensation Manager jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Compensation Manager postings
Full Time Job
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) seeks a Compensation Manager to join our People and Organization (HR) department in Vancouver, Canada. Under the general supervision of the Vice President, People & Organization, the qualified candidate will be responsible for the management and administration of compensation for this business.
The Compensation Manager is responsible for supporting the managing of the compensation function for Canada. The Compensation Manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to align with the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with internal policies and government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages the development, implementation and administration of compensation programs.
• Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and recommends changes that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
• Provides advice to corporate staff on pay decisions, policy interpretations, and job evaluations.
• Communicates and explains complex compensation programs to employees and leaders in understandable terms. Including training materials and programs.
• Designs creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs and incentive plans.
• Develops techniques for compiling, preparing, and presenting data.
• Oversees the participation in salary surveys and monitors salary survey data to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
• Manage market research, including the cost-effective collection, modeling and analysis of compensation data, providing meaningful insights and action plans.
• Administer current programs and identify opportunities for process improvement
• Lead the review of Workday employee compensation and job data elements and identify / facilitate data correction activity
• Ensures compliance with federal, provincial, state and local compensation laws and regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience administering compensation programs in Canada or globally.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline
• Knowledge of compensation principles and salary administration.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate clearly both with the written and spoken word, with ability to influence by adopting a range of styles, tools, and techniques appropriate to the audience or nature of information
• Asset to have knowledge of Canadian pension and benefit legislation and regulations.
• Team player with the ability to collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to accomplish positive results
• Strong analysis/problem solving abilities with a proven ability to pay close attention to details and show strong initiative
• Able to take initiative, effective at prioritizing multiple projects, comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
• Highly analytical, with expert level Excel skills.
• Knowledge of all federal, state and local regulations and compliance requirements related to employee compensation.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to use Microsoft products, including Excel.
• Strong leadership and team management skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to plan and set priorities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior management.
• Workday experience preferred
• Experience with Market Pricing tools such as CompAnalyst preferred
CAN - Vancouver - Imageworks HR