Community Mgr Wheel Of Fortune
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Community Mgr Wheel of Fortune
The Sony Pictures Television Creative Center is looking for a Social Media/ Community Manager to join a rapidly growing editorial team handling Wheel of Fortune and other Sony Pictures Television titles across social channels. This position reports into the VP Social/ Editorial.
The ideal candidate is a passionate and creative storyteller who has a deep understanding of social voice, tone, and style and an unwavering understanding of tools, social technology and native platforms - as well as the curiosity to discover the next emerging thing. This person is also experienced in and adept at building a strong community presence through direct fan interaction and audience growth tactics that maintain brand quality, integrity and mission.
Working in close concert with the Content Manager and Insights Editor, you'll execute data-driven storytelling and connect with existing fans while discovering and engaging new ones. While your primary focus will be on managing and growing the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest channels for Wheel of Fortune, you'll also be tasked with using your social and community management expertise to help launch, manage and grow various channels surrounding Sony television shows in conjunction with Creative Center and Sony Pictures Television franchise marketing team.
You possess an excitement for pop culture and entertainment, have publishing/ journalism/ brand social experience and are comfortable working with cross-functional teams. You're also comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment within a nuanced corporate legacy business.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and pinpoint creative and strategic ways to create cultural phenomena around the Wheel of Fortune brand, show episodes and talent to drive positive word of mouth and earned media impressions.
• Execute the daily social editorial calendar across brand multiplatform subsidiaries (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest), including commercial campaigns and marketing initiatives, while growing channels and ensuring that all posts are accurate, punctual, safe and on brand and scheduled for off-hours and holidays.
• Manage daily social communication, consumer listen and response, sentiment analysis and enquiries.
• Brainstorm and execute engagement and audience-building multimedia content concepts for Wheel of Fortune social platforms that can be repurposed and distributed across platforms.
• Identify on-brand moments via UGC and trending topics.
• Manages the pipeline and forward-planning of photo and video needs as they relate to social content.
• Assist with scheduling and execution of talent and on-set captures.
• Partner within the Insights Editor, Content Manager, Managing Editor and Content Director to measure content performance and find opportunities to optimize month over month.
• Partner with the VP Social/ Editorial and Wheel of Fortune digital marketing and leadership teams to help create and drive strategy that grows Wheel of Fortune's reach, engagement, show viewership and other brand business objectives.
• Partner with cross-functional Creative Center teams - creative, operations, photography, video editorial and production - to support all initiatives and the editorial calendar.
• Develop and meet KPIs across platforms and work in conjunction with Insights Editor to report and iterate on performance with a strong emphasis on testing and learning, driving increased traffic, engagement and show viewership.
• Seek out strategic partnership opportunities with Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other platforms to deliver brand and business goals.
• 60% storytelling (seeing your content ideas through from idea to execution)
• 20% content strategy
• 20% operations
Work Experience Requirements
• 4+ years of journalism/ multiplatform content creation experience.
• Social media management experience.
• Deep knowledge of social platforms, digital content marketing toolsets and performance marketing.
• Experience interviewing/ working directly with talent, talent-representation and being on shoots, sets and red carpets. Is comfortable and able to act as a representative of Wheel of Fortune in high-profile entertainment settings.
• A track record of creating multiplatform digital content that is shared, consumed and enjoyed.
• Has worked on a digital product/ vertical launch team.
Ability to work flexible hours.
Digital newsroom/ journalism experience a must.
Entertainment journalism experience a plus.
Strong communication and grammar skills (written and verbal), time management, anticipatory nature, relishes teamwork, proactive problem solving skills, critical and strategic thinker, leadership acumen, innovator, strong ability to multi-task, pivot, agile, prioritize effectively and delegate as necessary.
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual you have a finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. You are passionate about storymaking, strategic branding and creative and the elevation of these brands. You are a skilled storymaker at heart. You are able to move our business forward through strategic creative and are interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with fans from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage and sustain new audiences and fandoms.
Background on Creative Center (Culver City, Miami)
Creative Center is a global, hybrid internal agency that is a centralized hub for Sony Pictures Television Studio, Distribution, Franchise, Syndication, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!, Global Networks, Ad/ Sales and Sony One Initiatives. Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our corporate studio environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for original show launches, tent pole acquisitions as well as all B2B, B2C events for Sony Pictures Television. We are the on-air promotion group for the Global Networks business. We are the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching Sony Networks around the world, global campaigns for Sony IP, One Sony Initiatives and overarching Sony Pictures Entertainment campaigns for various corporate groups. We are also the digital agency for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios