Columbia Pictures Creative Trainee, Mpg Summer / Fall
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/31/2023 2:51:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Columbia Pictures Creative Trainee, Mpg Summer / Fall jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Columbia Pictures Creative Trainee, Mpg Summer / Fall postings
Full Time Job
Columbia Pictures Creative Trainee, MPG – Summer/Fall 2023
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Trainee program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allows you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities. This type of opportunity will jump start your career and prepare you for a career in the desired field. This Summer/Fall Trainee position is from May/June through December 15th and all candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday in the specified location. This is not a remote role. A hybrid work option may or may not be available.
The Creative team is responsible for finding and developing Columbia's feature film releases and sees projects through pre-production, production, post-production and release. The department works with producers, writers, directors and talent to create critically and commercially viable movies for the studio.
Duties involve aiding the executive assistants in the department with clerical work, errands, meeting preparation, and additional duties as assigned. Looking for candidates who are passionate about the film industry. Ideal candidates should have experience working in an office environment and/or dealing with customer relations.
• Bachelor's degree in Film or an equivalent field of study preferred
• Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a voluminous deadline-oriented department.
• Must be willing to take and follow directions
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are requiredComputer and technology literate – familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems and hard drive formats, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
The anticipated base salary for this position is $20/hour. This role may also qualify for comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - CA01