Associate Producer / Editor
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/30/2022 5:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Associate Producer / Editor jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Associate Producer / Editor postings
Full Time Job
Associate Producer/Editor, TV Creative Center
The Associate Producer/Editor supports the editing of video content for the businesses including on-air promotion, trailers, EPK and behind-the-scenes vignettes, sales reels, co-branded vignettes, radio advertising, etc. The Assistant Preditor will work closely with adjacent teams to ensure a smooth and productive workflow while maintaining a high productivity and high creative & technical standards in accordance Sony Pictures Entertainment standards. This position reports to the VP of the department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Works closely with the Writer/Producers , other Preditors to deliver finished video content.
• Liaise with off-site vendors to support generation of audio mixe s .
• Finishes promotional material for air, including the syncing mixes, exporting of versions for approval, and exporting of versions for digital and on-air delivery.
• Supports the OAP archive process
• Performs Q.C. on all on-air projects
• Liaise with IT/Technical Operations to ensure post production hardware and software needs are met.
• Ensures that all delivery standards are maintained.
• Ability to juggle heavy workload and keep multiple projects on track.
• M aintain s familiarity with current culture video trends, social platforms and the relevance of fast and slow trends. Exhibits an innate sense of curiosity.
• Exhibit s willingness to take on responsibilities outside of his/her job description and has the ability to respond to business demands in a fast-paced environment. Presents a positive and professional attitude to stakeholders and co-workers.
• Associate Editor is a great communicator and is punctual. He/she maintains an efficient workflow and process and promptly communicates any issues to management.
• Accurately documents work related information via work orders, etc. Manages assets and archives projects accordingly and understands delivery .
Work Experience Requirements
• Proven experience editing for broadcast television
• Ability to execute film marketing
• Ability to edit/p roduce on-air promotions using non-linear systems
• Professional acuity with the following applications:
• Adobe Creative Suite Strong sense of focus and follow through
• Extremely organized, detail-oriented and strong time management skills
• Must have excellent English communication skills (both written and ver bal) to manage a wide range of m arketing professionals and vendors
• Must be a dynamic team player capable of keeping multiple tasks on schedule
• Must have strong knowledge of standards and formats - domestic and international
Desira ble Requirements
• Knowledge of Avid , Final Cut, Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite , Compositing
• Ability to work flexible hours
Bachelor Degree from four-year college or university (Major in Television or Film production preferred)
Strong communicatio n skills (written and verbal), t ime management, a nticipation, t eamwork,
proactive p roblem s olv ing , c ritical and strategic thinking, l eadership, i nnovation, strong a bility to
multi-task and pivot
Background on Creative Center
Creative Center is a hybrid internal agency that is a hub for Sony Pictures Television Studio, Franchise Marketing, Global Networks, Sony One and Corporate Initiatives. We are also the digital agency of record for Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our corporate studio environment. We harness what's relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for original show launches, tent pole acquisitions as well as all B2B, B2C events for Sony Pictures Television. We are the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching Sony Networks around the world, global campaigns for Sony IP, One Sony Initiatives and overarching Sony Pictures Entertainment campaigns for various corporate groups.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
*As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance. To request an accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios